• Watch the short video above
• Read the full post & comment below
• Color Cure Home Page: Signup, Videos & Submission Forms
Welcome to week four of our August Color Cure. This week I want to touch on how to inject color into your home in easy and changeable ways. This is lower commitment stuff for those who want to tread lightly, but it's also for great for those who like to make changes often or seasonally. So, watch the video above and then experiment with tips in this lesson for the rest of the week. Want to get this in an email as well? Sign up on the Color Cure Home Page.
This Week's AssignmentThis week I want you to try changing or injecting color into one room in small ways. It doesn't mean that it won't have a big impact either, as adding color through bedding, bathware, pillows and accessories can make a big statement. It's just a lot easier than painting a wall, and for those of you who like to shop, it's got some fun retail therapy packed in too. I did promise good sources as well, so here they are: BEDDING
• Best Bedding Stores - this list is our most exhaustive on the bedding front and every shop has some great color to offer along with their traditional whites. Of particular note for the color inclined are • John Robshaw • DwellStudio • The Company Store - great colorful flannel for winter • Marimekko • All bedding stores in our curated Marketplace BATHWARE
Most bedding stores also feature bathware, from towels to bath mats to shower curtains. Therefore, in addition to the shops above, I'd also recommend looking at: • Matteo - deep, rich colors • Matouk • Christy Towels • Turkish Towels • All towel stores in our curated Marketplace CURTAINS
I like the cotton and linen drapes at the following two stores: • Pottery Barn • Restoration Hardware • The Silk Trading Company • Smith & Noble • All shade stores in our curated Marketplace THROW PILLOWS
• Best Throw Pillows 2010 - this is our most up to date list of great, stylish throw pillows from all over. Of particular note to the color savy: • Jonathan Adler • Judy Ross • Amy Butler • Michelle Varian • All pillow stores in our curated Marketplace RUGS
Rugs are a great place to add color and easy to add, particularly when small. This list has a bunch of good choices. • Best Rugs & Carpet Stores 2010 - This is our biggest list. Of particular note for big color: • Angela Adams • Flor Carpet Tiles • Dash & Albert • Morris Etc • The Rug Company Enjoy your color!
"Nothing you do for your home is ever wasted."