Now that Memorial Day has come and gone, we feel like summer has arrived and it's time to kick back a little. Some people associate the summer months with white linen or flip flops, but we think of cottage style. Laid-back and fuss-free, this look is all about comfort and lots of natural light.
If (like us) you haven't yet had the chance to escape to a summer cottage, we've rounded up a few homes to give you a virtual mini-vacation. Besides being cottages, these spaces have a few things in common—they're clean, free of clutter, and there's a lot of white in them. Fabrics and materials are basic and washable, and there's the occasional hint of beachy colors like blues and greens. Enjoy, and click through the links for more.
- Layla and Kevin's Country Coastal Cottage
- Tina's Port Douglas Cottage
- Michael's Michigan Cottage
- APAK's Creative Cottage
- Misty's Bright and Colorful Cottage
- Karen's Urban Cottage
- Allison's Super Creative Cottage
- Lisa's Artistic Hideaway
- Steve and Rhea's Renovated Fisherman's Cottage
- Bridget's Sacramento Cottage
Photos: Layla Palmer, Tina & Lizzy Sawdon, Michael, Molly Anderson, Adrienne Breaux, Sparrow King, Rohan Anderson, Lisa, Laura Moss, Leslie