Day 12: Friday, January 17....and the weekend of January 18 & 19
Assignments: Bring home your weekly flowers, clean your bedroom, organize your clothes closet and dresser
Get ready for a well deserved good nights sleep. We're on the slippery slope to the end of the Cure and this weekend, while busy as usual, is focused again on a single room - the bedroom. You know the drill by now: gather your vacuum and cleaning supplies, get an empty outbox handy, turn up the Spotify and go, go, go. By Sunday night, you'll be sleeping peacefully in a clean, organized room, which I think you'll agree is one of the best things ever.
In the Eight Step Home Cure, Maxwell reminds us that the bedroom just might be the most important room in our homes. He writes, "It is where you will spend the greatest amount of time when at home and where your health will be most directly affected if you don't sleep well".
This Weekend's Assignments:
• Pick up and display your weekly flowers.
• Give your bedroom a good, deep clean. This should be a very thorough job. The aim is to rid the room of as much dust and potential allergens as possible. Here is a sample guideline deep clean plan:
Pick up and put away all clothes, books and belongings
• Declutter surfaces (remove change, jewelry, etc and put in proper places)
• Strip the bed
• Launder all bedding, including mattress and pillow covers
• Flip and/or rotate the mattress
• Vacuum out the closet
• Vacuum curtains with brush attachment and/or clean blinds
• Clean windows and mirrors
• Dust all surfaces and wipe down light switches, fixtures and ceiling fan
• Push aside the bed, side tables and dressers and vacuum/clean under them
• Remake the bed
• Enjoy a sound sleep in your freshly cleaned room!
• Do a closet and dresser organizing sweep and purge. (Filling up that outbox!)
This can be a moment where the Cure gets tough - we've been at it for a while and it's tempting to let things slide in this less public room of the home. To keep motivated, please share the pain and glory of your bedroom curing in the comments on this post - this is the spot to share successes, look for inspiration and just keep on keeping on, getting further down the road to a truly well-running home (we're getting close!).
January Cure Calendar:
• Download our PDF to see the full upcoming schedule (and print it out if having a hard copy is helpful to you)
Join The January Cure: Click Here to Sign Up
January Cure Main Page: Click Here for the assignment posts so far
Questions? Comments? Pictures? Email us about your progress at email@example.com
Follow and Tweet! The January Cure: #januarycure
(Image credits: Adrienne Breaux)