Friday, January 18...and the weekend of January 19 & 20
Weekly Flowers and Bedroom Cleaning
First up, a quick note: we are absolutely, most definitely, without a doubt well past the halfway point of the Cure, which means you are on the downhill ride to the finish line. Take a minute to appreciate all the effort you've invested so far and then, keep on moving forward! This weekend is focused on your bedroom, so without further ado, and at the risk of sounding like a cartoon mom, it's time to "clean your room!"...
In the Eight Step Home Cure, Maxwell reminds us that the bedroom just might be the most important room in our homes. He writes, "It is where you will spend the greatest amount of time when at home and where your health will be most directly affected if you don't sleep well".
So, let's get to it.
This Weekend's Assignment:
• Pick up and display your weekly flowers.
• Give your bedroom a good, deep clean. This should be a very thorough job. The aim is to rid the room of as much dust and potential allergens as possible. Here is a sample guideline deep clean plan:
• Pick up and put away all clothes, books and belongings
• Declutter surfaces (remove change, jewelry, etc and put in proper places)
• Strip the bed
• Launder all bedding, including mattress and pillow covers
• Flip and/or rotate the mattress
• Vacuum out the closet
• Vacuum curtains with brush attachment and/or clean blinds
• Clean windows and mirrors
• Dust all surfaces and wipe down light switches, fixtures and ceiling fan
• Push aside the bed, side tables and dressers and vacuum/clean under them
• Remake the bed
• Enjoy a sound sleep in your freshly cleaned room!
And, if you want to take the Cure even further this weekend:
• Do a closet and dresser drawer purge. (Filling up that outbox!)
Now that your room is really clean and more organized, how about making a pact with yourself to always
make the bed? It's a habit that really does help to lower stress and up the happy factor. Here's a post to help convince you...
• Make Your Bed! For Productivity, Profit and Peace
Liveblogging the January Cure:
• Small Victories in the Bedroom
Go to January Cure Main Page for links to all the posts so far.
Want to officially join us? Sign up for the daily January Cure email.
Questions? Comments? Pictures? Email us about your progress at firstname.lastname@example.org
January Cure Calendar:
• Download our PDF
Get the Book: Apartment Therapy's The Eight Step Home Cure by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan
Follow and Tweet! The January Cure: #januarycure
(Image: Liana Walker / Mark's Delightful (and Delicious!) West Village Home House Tour)