Friday, January 25...and the Weekend of January 26 & 27
Weekly Flowers, Living Room Clean Up & Empty Your Outbox
Here we are at the last full weekend of the January Cure. You've been working hard since the start of the month and today is when the first rays of light at the end of the tunnel should begin to be visible. This time next week, you'll be done
. This weekend's tasks have been chosen to help you get even more firmly on track for your end-of-Cure gathering celebration, so let's get going. Let's dive in and start wrapping this up!
As always, prioritize your tasks and complete them in whatever order makes the most sense for your schedule. If you have donations to deliver (see the final bullet point below!) be sure to check on the schedule of the places you plan to drop things off at, too.
This Weekend's Assignments:
• Pick up your weekly flowers and enjoy!
• Clean your living room. This is the "big clean" of your most public room. Give it a good once over and you'll be ready for your gathering next week (And,don't worry, we've built in time in the schedule next week for a quick spruce up to refresh all of your the hard work you do today.)
• Pick up and put away all loose belongings
• Declutter surfaces
• Use those attachments and give your upholstered pieces a good vacuuming
• Wipe down and clean all wooden or other non-upholstered furniture
• Clean the baseboards
• Thoroughly dust all surfaces - move things, dust, return items
• Wipe down light switches, lamps and ceiling fan
• Clean frames, artwork, mirrors and windows
• Vacuum or dry mop the floors
And, if you want to take the Cure even further this weekend, consider making any of the living room lighting updates or changes you've planned based on your lighting assessment yesterday.
Finally, last but definitely not least....drumroll, please....:
• Empty your outbox(es)!
I know plenty of you have been emptying as you go (and that is fantastic) but for those of you who've been filling up (and up, and up) since DAY 2, now is the time to let it all go. Take a few hours this weekend to deliver (or make arrangements for) donations, hit the recycling center, put things out on the curb with a "free sign", list 'em on Craigslist, eBay or Freecycle or package goodies up to pass on to a friend. Whatever you need to do to clear it out, go for it - you'll feel great when you are done! (Feel free to announce and celebrate your successful outbox goodbyes in the comments below...)
• 25 Places to Donate Your Stuff
• 12 Places to Donate Gently Used Books
• 10 Household Items to Donate to an Animal Shelter
Liveblogging the January Cure:
• Outboxing to Goodwill
Questions? Comments? Pictures? Email us about your progress at email@example.com
January Cure Calendar:
• Download our PDF
Get the Book: Apartment Therapy's The Eight Step Home Cure by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan
Follow and Tweet! The January Cure: #januarycure
(Image: Juan Enriquez / Samer's 1930's Streamline Moderne Apartment)