Wood molding adds texture and interest to multiple surfaces, beyond just walls. It's readily available, inexpensive, and easy to work with. And most major home improvement stores have in-store miter saws, so there's no need to buy extra equipment in order to make your diagonal cuts! Try these on for size...
1. House and Home hacked an IKEA dresser, with great results.
2. Transform a bookcase into something special, courtesy of My Decor Education.
3. Here's an easy shoe rack from Martha Stewart.
4. Domaine went all Baroque, instead of the usual linear, for her mantel makeover.
5. Frame out a mirror, This Old House style, via Huffington Post.
6. Hung wallpaper panels from Redbook Magazine.
7. Make a display shelf, from Design Sponge.
8. Transform your closet doors, with help from Do It Yourself Design.
9. Outfit a reading nook with book ledges, seen on And Then There Was Home.
10. Update boring kitchen cabinets like Decor and the Dog did.
(Images: as linked above)