Attention film buffs, it's time again for the 2013 Architecture and Design Film Festival or get your culture at the Guggenheim with a family-oriented tour this Sunday. If you have the shopping bug, get big savings at heavy hitters like DWR or Missoni and everyone can be a friend of Jonathan Adler — he's offering savings of 20% all weekend.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Design Within Reach — Semi-annual sale.
- Jonathan Adler — 20% everything.
Online and in stores
- Danish Design Store — 15% off authentic Danish designs from Finn Juhl, Hans Wegner, Arne Jacobsen, Borge Mogensen and others.
- Flor — 25% off everything and free shipping.
- YLighting — Fall Lighting Event.
- SKY IRIS — Fall clearance 30 - 70% off.
- Lumens — Semi-annual design event. Save up to 40% on modern favorites including designs from Artemide, Tom Dixon, Fritz Hansen, Kartell + more.
- Greentea Designs — 20% off wardrobes, dressers, bedside tables, and headboards.
- McGuire — Fall sale, 10% off almost everything.
- Missoni Home — 15% off patterned and vibrant pillows, poufs, rugs, furniture and more.
10/14 - 10/25
- Lulu & Georgia — 1 year anniversary sale, 30% off.
- SOBU — 25% off everything.
- Griffins & Gargoyles — 20% off entire collection.
- 2013 Architecture and Design Film Festival — Tribeca Cinemas: 25 feature length and short films exploring art, architecture, design, urban planning and more.
10/16 - 10/20
- Here Now — LES retail pop up showcasing artists at work and their wares.
10/4 - 10/26
- FlowerSchool New York— Advanced Wedding workshop
10/15 & 10/16
- Roubini Rugs — Designer Rug Sale Event
- The Guggenheim — Second Sunday Tours, Visitors explore the Guggenheim’s fall exhibitions through family-oriented tours that incorporate conversation and creative hands-on gallery activities.
- Equilux at Shelter Half — Pop-up sale
10/12 - 10/21
- DeLab — Hyperion Avenue Open Studio tour. Join de LaB for a self-directed tour of five fascinating architecture studios, all within walking distance of one another.
- Hotel Surplus — Liquidation of room furniture from the iconic "pink palace," the Beverly Hills Hotel as they update their guest rooms.
- LA Mart — All-access Wednesdays. Shop the home furnishings and accessories showrooms at steep discounts (typically only available to designers and retailers). Admission is free.
Through 10/30, Wednesdays
(Image: clockwise, 1.SOBU , 2.Jonathan Adler , 3.FLOR , 4.DWR )