We love saving you money by spotting sales and this week we're sharing some great events too. New lectures are on the docket for fall 2013 at the New School of New York, bid on "Chairs for Charity" in Chicago or hit up the Detroit Design Festival. All that and more after the jump.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Lekker — New showroom now open at 1317 Washington Street.
- Chairs for Charity — Chicago Home + Garden magazine will spotlight the amazing creativity of Chicagoland’s top designers. Each of the 13 featured designers were challenged to reinvent a vintage chair of their choice, and these one-of-a-kind creations will be auctioned off at the event to benefit Designs for Dignity.
The New School — Art and Design public programs, Fall 2013
• New York School of Interior Design — Murray Moss, A Conversation on New Directions in Design and Design/Art
• I Like Mike's — Weekend sale, take 20% off everything in the store for one day only.
- Ankasa — 20-50% off select pillows, bedding, totes and accessories.
- Detroit Design Festival — Concentrated in Detroit’s Creative Corridor and featuring various neighborhoods throughout Detroit, the Detroit Design Festival is an aggregation of various partner and community planned and supported events, including but not limited to: product launches and shows, lectures, panel discussions, trunk shows, tours, open houses, retail happenings and design battles.
9/17 - 9/22
- LA Mart — All-access Wednesdays. Shop the home furnishings and accessories showrooms at steep discounts (typically only available to designers and retailers). Admission is free.
Through 10/30, Wednesdays
- Digs Inside & Out — The "please make it go away" sale, 50% off everything
(Image: clockwise, 1.Company C, 2. Cisco Home , 3. Lekker Home, 4. Flor )