In today's video, Justin brings us a weekend project that can help you better manage your time both at home and away from home.
Tackle Your Digital Planner:
1. Recurring Appointments: Take the time now to add in your recurring appointments for a less stressful and more organized year. That includes home-related ones - spring and fall cleanings, seasonal closet check-ins, quarterly deep cleans - you can get as detailed as you want.
2. Birthdays: Start the habit now - when you add someone's phone number and address into your phone, include their birthday and give yourself a reminder to call them. No need to rely on social media to remind you to celebrate your friends!
3. Break Down Your Goals: Breaking down your goals into practical, doable tasks is one of the most satisfying aspects of organizing. It's where you start to see your dreams take shape. What are your home related goals for this year? Now that the January cure is over, what assignments do you want to keep for the rest of the year? Take the time now to add them into your calendar!
• The Star: Drawing from his life-long struggle with the clinical form of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), Justin Klosky has transformed the cumbersome disorder into an organization that promotes stress reduction and manageability. Branded as "Master Organizer" on CBS's The Talk and "Organization Expert" on the Anderson Show with Anderson Cooper, Justin works hard to bring order to his clients' lives. With O.C.D.'s guidance and expertise, clients can get through the most difficult obstacles to create a systematic approach to living. His first book "Organize & Create Discipline - an A to Z Guide to an Organized Existence" was just released (and you can order it now!).
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-tos and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
Links and Related Posts:
• One Minute Tip: Five Strategies for Working Better at Home
• One Minute Tip: Organize Now for Next Year's Taxes
• One Minute Tip: Paper-Free Your Desk
• The House that Cleans Itself: The Power of a Weekly Cleaning Schedule