In the winter, your home's windows work hard. Hopefully you've prepped them for the cold (and if not, weatherize first)! Because windows let in precious light and help you connect to the outside world during dark, bleak months. Make them more valuable by washing the glass, swapping out your old curtains for some new ones, cleaning the ones you have, or adding a refreshing little detail. Daylight hours are dwindling and all this helps really make the most of what you've got.
This Weekend's Assignment: Make your windows the very best they can be.
Come Clean: Before you do anything else, wipe or squeegee away all the dirt and grime that summer left behind.
Get More Out of Your Windows: Make these features really work for you and your home, and get maximum value from them!
Frame Things Nicely: Add window coverings for a window you've been meaning to get to but haven't yet. Or add a unique and small detail to existing window treatments.
- Style on a Budget: 10 Sources for Good, Cheap Blinds, Shades & Curtains
- The Best Basics: Good, Cheap Curtains & Drapes
- Make it Modern: Fresh Ways to Think About Curtains
- 25+ Cheap Makeover Ideas for Basic Vinyl Roller Shades
- How To Make Curtains from Vintage Scarves
- Quick & Affordable Home Makeover Task: Adjust Your Curtain Rods
- DIY Design Details: 8 Ways to Make Your Curtains Look Even Better
Remember, as with all of our Weekend Projects, just do what you have the time and energy to do. And hey, if you don't feel like picking up some Windex, choose one of our other weekend projects to get done.
→ SHOW US YOUR WEEKEND WORK! Share your tips and photos of your Weekend Project work on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #ATweekendproject.
Check out the entire 2016 Plan for a Healthy & Happy Home to access all the Weekend Project ideas and download our October Home Checklist while you're there. It's a great, low-pressure way to keep your life running smoothly and maintain a happy & healthy home!