After digging out and leveling the dirt path a bit, we laid the concrete blocks down with about a tiny space in between each piece.
Next, we took the dirt we had dug out (step one) and threw it back on top of the blocks and swept it in to the holes and crevices. We did this until the blocks felt snug and appeared to be set in the ground.
We decided to splurge a bit and took ourselves to the nursery where we stocked up on a few drought resistant lavander plants and a flat of trailing rosemary. We covered the empty areas with a layer of mulch (from our wood chipping project) for planting later.
For a total cost of around $40 and one Saturday's time, we're quite pleased with our new pathway... Related Posts: