When we spied Lynn-Ann's bathroom, our first thought was Oh how soothing that color scheme is. Our second thought? Why, Where did she get that fabulous bench?, of course! Now that's a DIY we can actually tackle in an hour.
The hardest part of this project? Finding an old bench or stool at the right size and price.
- Comb estate sales, flea markets and junk stores to find a bench with legs you like. Lynn-Ann chose one with sexy claw and ball feet.
- Pick up one of Ikea's classic fluffy flokatis, which comes in both small and large sizes.
- Clean your bench well (you can stain, paint or strip the legs but we're currently liking the contrast of rough legs with a glamorous top). You can leave the upholstery as is (give it a good shampooing) or rip it off. Lynn-Ann took her upholstery off.
- Lynn-Ann took off the legs but we'd probably just trim the flokati to work around them.
- Lay your flokati on the floor, fur side down, center your bench seat on top of it, seat side down, and wrap the flokati around it.
- Use a heavy duty staple gun to staple the flokati in place underneath your bench. Be sure you pull your sheepskin taut.
- Turn it over and voila! A fabulously glam seat for your bathroom, your living room or your bedroom.