A popular resolution each new year is to carve out more time for relaxation (or at least attempt to). With our hectic lives, this is difficult (until it finally becomes nearly impossible and lasts throughout the holidays). But there's a simple, three-step task you can do to grab a piece of peace when things get overwhelming.
Step one: Find your favorite spot in your home (or parents, a quiet place that your kids can't find you for a few minutes). Step two: Light a candle that you love. Step three: Slow down and breathe for a few minutes. We've gathered some 100% beeswax pillar candles that are naturally scented, allergen-free and healthy (some claim they even help purify the air) to help with step two. Steps one and three are up to you!
As studies have shown, taking a few minutes each day to unwind can do wonders for lowering stress levels. And lighting a candle might not be necessary, but it's the sort of simple, cheap action you can take that will signal to your brain that it's slow-down time. And hey, if that candle can add a little texture to your favorite room, why not go for something patterned that can also pamper?
1. Totem Candles by Grain, $22
2. Diamond Pattern Beeswax Pillar Candle by Sweet Bee Honey on Etsy, $7.50
3. Wicker Weave Style Beeswax Candles by Catfish Creek Candles on Etsy, $79.99 for a set of 4
4. 6" Honeycomb Pattern Beeswax Pillar Candle by Sweet Bee Honey on Etsy, $12
5. Octagon Beeswax Candle Set by Epic Beeswax on Etsy, $82.75
6. Draped Beeswax Candle by Epic Beeswax on Etsy, $13.45
7. 6" Sweater Textured Beeswax Candle Pillar, by Beeswax Candles Canada on Etsy, $22.03
8. Tree Bark Candles by Epic Beeswax on Etsy, $42.95 for a set of 4
How do you carve out a few moments to relax when things get stressful?
(Image credits: As linked above.)