Dumbo - Photo by Bluejake
- Biggest Tag Sale Ever puts out the call for volunteers!!
Get Organized New York needs 2,500 volunteers to help out with the biggest Tag Sale ever in New York City's Central Park. Volunteer opportunities exist both leading up to and over the weekend of the Tag Sale.
All proceeds go to the Fund for Public Schools. Call 1-866-4-DECLUTTER
When: Friday, October 15th through Sunday, October 17th
Where: Central Park
- Al Oliver & Sons Piano
Up to 50% off on new and pre-owned pianos
When: Friday-Sunday, 10/3
Where: Cos Cob & Westport Store (800.7.oliver)
DS-169 sleeper sofa sale - was $4,940, now $3,500
When: through 10/12
Where: DDC 181 Madison Avenue @ 34th street (212.685.9200)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art Store
50% off decorative arts, stationery, and more.
When: 9/30-10/31 .
Where: 800-662-3397 (call for store locations)
Home furnishings from Philippe Starck, Piero Lissoni, Ron Arad
10% to 50% off.
When: Through 10/11
Where: 39 Greene St. (212.966.6665)
- The Conran Shop
20% off upholstered sofas and armchairs
Where: 407 E. 59th St., 212-755-9079.
- Restoration Hardware
Fall Lighting Sale: @20% off on most lighting
When: through 10/24
Where: 935 Broadway, at 22nd St.
- Huffman Koos
Going out of business sale - all furniture and bedding goes!
When: Starts today, 9/16
Where: 20 locations in NY area
Architectural and decorative hardware is reduced by 40%
Where: Gracious Home, 1220 Third Ave., at 70th St. and 1992 Broadway, at 67th St.
Craigslist Weekend Garage Sale Round Up
- BLOCK FLEA MARKET Saturday, Oct. 2nd 10-5 (West 83rd Street)
- Huge Sidewalk Sale in Dumbo Brooklyn, 10/2/04, 10 am to 2 pm (Brooklyn)
- EAST 37th STREE BLOCK SALE (Marine Park, Brooklyn)
- Yard Sale in South Park Slope Saturday Oct. 2 @9:00 (Park Slope)
- The Best Tag Sale in Westchester! (New Rochelle)
- Moving Sale! Saturday October 2nd. (Prospect Park South)
- MULTIFAMILY STOOP SALE 10/2 & 10/3 (PROSPECT HEIGHTS)
- Garage Sale October 2nd and 3rd. 50 years worth of accumulation (Long Beach)
- Huge Three Family Garage Sale (Brooklyn, NY)
- Huge Garage Sale-Saturday, 10/2/04 from 9:30 AM-5:00 PM (1146 E. 73rrd St. (Ave K &L), Brooklyn, NY)
- Greenwich, CT Flea Market
When: Sunday, October 3rd, 9-5pm
Where: Exit 3 I-95 (203.531.5880)
- Chelsea Flea Market
When: Saturday and Sunday, 6th Ave from 25th to 26th Street, sunrise to sunset (212.243.5343)
- Hell's Kitchen Flea Market
When: Saturday and Sunday, 39th Street, between 9th & 10th avenues, 10am - 6pm
- New York Democracy for America Meetup Group
When: Wednesday, Oct. 6
- New York City Bush in 2004 Meetup Group
When: Tuesday, Oct. 12
- New York City Nader in 2004 Meetup Group
When: Thursday, Oct. 14
- JFK for President: Photographs by Cornell Capa
Shots of John F. Kennedy on the 1960 campaign trail by ICP's founder.
Where: International Center of Photography, 1133 Sixth Ave.
- Giorgio Morandi
The late still lifes of Giorgio Morandi (1890–1964)
Where: Lucas Schoormans , 508 W. 26th St. (212-243-3159)
- Vincenzo Amato
New Sculpture -featuring his first explorations into three dimensional color
Where: Earl McGrath Gallery, 20 W. 57th Street (212.965.3366)
Massimo Catalani: My Urbanity
The most recent work of artist Massimo Catalani, My Urbanity, in his second New York show. His art is a unique exploration of context and history and his materials create a two-dimensional comment on his subject matter.
When: 9/23 - 10/21
Where: qui New York, 601 West 26 th Street, suite 1507
- Dodi Wexler's Mostly Little Land of This and That
Obsessively hand-made constructions salute in part the great Modernists of yore, the trail-blazers who developed collage and assemblage as distinct and viable art forms, ones considered a bit renegade even today.
Where: Pavel Zoubok Gallery, 533 W. 23rd Street
- NeoCon ® East
Mideastern conference celebrating the interior design, architectural and facilities management industries of the Mid-Atlantic region. In full support of the mantra “good design is good business.”
When: 10/6 - 10/7
Where: Baltimore Convention Center, MD
- Tunnel Visions: Subway Photos 1904–1908
Underground All Over Town: Prints from the Collection of David and Reba Williams: In recognition of the New York City Subway Centennial, the New-York Historical society is presenting Tunnel Vision, a collection of photographs of stations, tunnels, and workmen dating back to the beginning of subway construction, along with Underground All Over Town, an exhibition of subway-related artwork from various New York printmakers.
When: Through 10/7
Where: New-York Historical Society, 2 W. 77th St., New York. (212) 873-3400. //www.nyhistory.org
- Design =/ Art: Functional Objects From Donald Judd to Rachel Whiteread
The first museum exhibition of the virtually unknown design works by some of the most influential artists of the last half century.
Where: Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution , 2 E. 91st St.; 212-849-8300
- Andy Goldsworthy on the Roof
No, this is not news and it will be up until October 31st, but he's our hero. Part of loving your NYC apartment is loving NYC. And what's not to love about standing on the roof of the Met in the summertime taking in a work by Goldsworthy? Priceless.
- Solos: FutureShack
May 14 - October 10, 2004
The architectural prototype FutureShack, designed by Australian architect Sean Godsell, will be constructed in the Arthur Ross Terrace and Garden as part of the summer Solos series.
Cooper Hewitt Museum, 5th Ave. at 91st St.