Art & Design Events...
- June is Gardening Month on AT!
- Maybe we've mentioned it a few times, but we're having a Greenest Thumb Contest...
- ANDY WARHOL/SUPERNOVA: Stars, Deaths, and Disasters,
- MCA, 220 E. Chicago Ave.
- Exhibit closes Sunday, June 18
- Lecture: Sustainable Furniture
- Interior design dilemma solved: ditch the staid Swedish plywood and add an earth-friendly touch to your flat. At the Sustainable Furniture seminar, presented by Chicago's Green Tech U., Emily Pilloton, a member of the Chicago Furniture Designers Association, demonstrates ways to "reincarnate" your old couches and chairs (talk about serious feng shui benefits). Instead of merely restoring, refinishing, or replacing old furniture, Pilloton focuses on creative methods of repurposing aged items to give your dwelling a new look without breaking the bank or stuffing landfills with unnecessary waste.
- Chicago Center for Green Technology, 445 N. Sacramento Blvd.
- Saturday, June 17, 10 am-noon
- Chicago Green Drinks
- An opportunity for those interested in sustainability/environmental issues to gather, network, learn what others are doing, and to discuss issues important to them.
- Jefferson Tap & Grill, 325 N. Jefferson
- Tuesday, June 20, 5:30-9 pm
- Victorian Flower Show
- Plants that were popular as bedding plants one hundred years ago will be featured. As glass and iron became more readily available and affordable, the popularity of conservatories grew and sprouted up everywhere during that era. Besides the very popular palms, cannas, and coleus from that era, this show will feature begonias, caladiums, abutilons, and several different types of ferns, among others.
- Garfield Park Conservatory, 300 N. Central Park Ave.
- Daily from 9 am-5 pm