- AT Events: January Jumpstart Contest is underway!
French Furniture Sculptor Ingrid Donat
- Exhibition of Donat's richly textured, limited edition, cast bronze furniture
- Opening Reception February 21st
- Barry Friedman Ltd., 515 West 26th Street
Piranesi as Designer
- See Piranesi's full range and influence as a designer of architecture, elaborate interiors and exquisite furnishings from 18th Century through the present
- Through January 20th
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, 2 East 91st St., 212.849.8400
- Students from around the country to offer their best ideas on how to demonstrate new and alternative design solutions that simply work better
- Entries due February 9th
- The contest is open to students at any of the National Association of Schools of Art & Design-accredited degree programs or individual student members of IDSA.
January Upholstery Event: Maharam Territory
- Maharam representative visits studio to display rarely seen archival fabrics from great design collaborations.
- January 23rd, 7-9pm. Refreshments will be served.
- DWR West 14th St., 408 West 14th St. (bet 9th and 10th), 212.242.9449
Winter Antiques Show
- More than 75 exhibitors displaying furniture, paintings, books, silver, garden ornaments, medieval manuscripts, arms and armor, jewelry, clocks, textiles, and more, with proceeds benefiting East Side House Settlement.
- January 18th through 27th, The opening night party will be held on January 17th
- The Park Avenue Armory (7th Regiment Armory), 643 Park Ave. between 66th & 67th Sts.
Antiques at the Armory
- More than one hundred exhibitors displaying and selling folk art, period furniture, architectural artifacts, pottery, glass, ceramics, hooked rugs, flatware, mirrors, weathervanes, and more.
- January 18th through 20th
- 69th Regiment Armory, Lexington Ave. at 26th St. A free shuttle service will move antiques lovers between the two armories.
Shigeru Ban Lecture
- Based on elements derived from traditional Japanese architecture, Shigeru Ban's designs are ecologically sensitive--from temporary paper structures to permanent urban structures.
- January 22nd (Reservations begin January 2nd)
- The Great Hall, The Cooper Union, Cooper Square, 212.353.4100
Bergman & Antonioni Film Posters Exhibit
- Posteritati exhibits vintage posters from Bergman & Antonioni films
- Through January 31st
- 239 Centre Street, 212.226.2207