Art & Design Events...
Noguchi Museum Panel: The Market for Mid-20th Century Modern Design: An Insider's View
- Design historian and former vice president for communications at Herman Miller John Berry moderates a discussion with Richard Wright, director of Wright20 auction house; and Eames Demetrios, filmmaker, artist, and director of the Eames Office Gallery.
- January 13th, 3-5pm
- The Noguchi Museum 9-01 33rd Road at Vernon Blvd., Long Island City, 718.204.7088
Ladislav Sutnar: Modern, National, International
- Exhibit of sketches by Ladislav Sutnar (1892-1976), leading figure in the history of modern design. His creations include toys, posters, books, and tableware as well as exhibition architecture and corporate image-making.
- Through January 8th
- Czech Center, 1109 Madison Ave, 212.288.0830
- Berlin-New York Dialogues Film Screening: Lutz Dammbeck, «Hommage à La Sarraz», 1981 (10 min.) and Die Architekten (The Architects) 1990
- January 4th, 6:30pm (RSVP)
- Center for Architecture, 536 LaGuardia Place
Martha Stewart: Megabrand
Shigeru Ban Lecture
- Based on elements derived from traditional Japanese architecture, Shigeru Ban’s designs are ecologically sensitive--from temporary paper structures to permanent urban structures.
- January 22nd (Reservations begin January 2nd)
- The Great Hall, The Cooper Union, Cooper Square, 212.353.4100
NYNYNY: So Nice We Named it Thrice
- Imagine a New York City that is the forgotten past and the fantastic future all at once. A New York City where anything is possible. Interactive, multimedia installation of imagined public and private spaces of NYC
- Through January 3rd
- 38-38 43rd Street. Long Island City, 718.707.3362
Bergman & Antonioni Film Posters Exhibit
- Posteritati exhibits vintage posters from Bergman & Antonioni films
- Through January 31st
- 239 Centre Street, 212.226.2207