• Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse Sale
• Free Summer Saturdays @ Corcoran Gallery
• Chris Rucker @ Industry Gallery
• Washington Design Center's Design House
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY
• YLiving Herman Miller Sale
• OfficeDesigns.com Herman Miller Sale
• Traveler Sale @ The Container Store
• Drawing Toward Home
• BoConcept Space-Saver Sale
• Wexel Art Sale
• Piazza Flea Market
details below the jump…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse Sale Over 3000 square feet of Mid-Century and Danish Modern furniture, art and lighting. Wholesale prices. Open to the public only one day this month.
Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse | 1217 E Columbia Avenue Fishtown Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19125
6/5: 12pm - 5pm
• Free Summer Saturdays @ Corcoran Gallery Join the Corcoran on Saturdays this summer for Gallery tours, workshops, demonstrations, and performances! Enjoy our summer exhibitions and programming free of admission Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Corcoran Gallery of Art |500 17th Street NW Washington DC 20006
Saturdays: 5/29 - 9/4
• Chris Rucker @ Industry Gallery The first solo U.S. exhibition for New York-based designer Chris Rucker whose design ethos is rooted in the use and reuse of simple and humble material. His principal medium is oriented strand board (OSB) and his design aesthetic weds the asceticism of Donald Judd with the rule-based principles of Sol LeWitt, to yield what Rucker calls "a rectilinear vocabulary."
Industry Gallery | 1358 Florida Avenue NW 2nd floor Washington, DC 20002
5/15 - 7/3
• The Washington Design Center's Design House The 2010 Design House — The Hall of Fame House — residing within The Washington Design Center, provides lifestyle-conscious consumers an entrée into the world of high-end home décor. This year's eight-room design house will be designed by well-known WDC Hall of Fame Designers.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
5/21 - 12/4
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY 'Experiments & Narratives' featuring the work of Sarah Smith — her new collection uses a collection of collage materials on canvas along with a mix of ink, acrylic paints, chalk pastels and oil pastels.
RCKNDY | 1515 U Street NW Washington DC 20009
OPENING RECEPTION: 5/7: 7pm - 9pm
5/7 - 6/20
• YLiving Herman Miller Sale All Herman Miller products are 15% off. While all authorized Herman Miller retailers are eligible to hold the sale, only YLiving offers: Free shipping on all orders over $50, No sales tax.
6/4 - 6/14: Online
• Traveler Sale @ The Container Store The Container Store is excited to introduce our NEW 2010 Luggage Collection of durable yet exceptionally lightweight luggage and travel organizers. Every item weighs 9½ pounds or less, which is crucial when trying to avoid those luggage fees — all on sale.
Now - 6/27
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• BoConcept Sale Save big on multifunctional designs for small spaces like the ottoman that converts to a twin bed, expandable dining tables and functional coffee tables with storage space and rising panels.
3 DC & Mid-Atlantic BoConcept Stores
5/1 - 6/15
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Piazza Flea Market
The Piazza at Schmidt's | 2nd Street & Germantown Avenue (Below Girard) Northern Liberties, Philadelphia
7/24 & 7/25
8/28 & 8/29
Send it to us. We publish DC sales and events each Thursday: