• DWR Summer Sale
• Lecture @ The Textile Museum
• Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour
• Conran Shop Summer Sale
• ASID Summer Spruce Up
• Distinctive Chesterfields Sale
• Lumens Matthews Fan Sale
• Vastu '$500 or Less' Art Exhibit
• Free Summer Saturdays @ Corcoran Gallery
• Chris Rucker @ Industry Gallery
• Washington Design Center's Design House
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY
• Eskayel Sale
• Clever Tomato Sale
• Royal Copenhagen Free Shipping
• Charles P. Rogers Clearance Sale
• Lightology Offer
• Traveler Sale @ The Container Store
• Drawing Toward Home
• Wexel Art Sale
• Modern Miniatures @ DWR
• ArtJamz @ Corcoran Gallery of Art
• Piazza Flea Market
details below the jump…
• Lecture @ The Textile Museum Robin and Lucienne Day: Designer Couple and the Modern Interior. Dr. Pat Kirkham, professor at the Bard Graduate Center for the Study of the Decorative Arts, Design and Culture, will discuss the influences and impact that Robin and Lucienne Day's textiles, furniture and ceramics had on mid-century modern interiors. Fee: $20/Textile Museum members; $25/non-members. Advance registration required; space is limited. Call (202) 667-0441, ext. 64 to register.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street Northwest Washington, DC 20008
• Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour Visit the studios of over 50 talented artists as you wind through the scenic countryside and historic villages of western Loudoun County, Virginia. Enjoy paintings, pottery, jewelry, photography, fiber, sculpture and more!
Western Loudoun County, Virginia
6/19: 10am - 5pm
6/20: 12pm - 5pm
• ASID Summer Spruce Up The Washington Metro Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) is announcing another opportunity for Washington area home- and business-owners to consult with a professional interior designer. Summer Spruce Up pairs consumers with ASID designers for a one- or two-hour, in-home or -office consultation for the promotional, below-market rate of $100 per hour. Online registration.
ONLINE REGISTRATION BEGINS: 6/20: 9am
• Distinctive Chesterfields Sale 25% off everything at Distinctive Chesterfields. Pick any handmade chesterfield sofa, club chair, wing chair, chaise longue, study chair and stool from our extensive range of handcrafted original English leather chesterfield style furniture and save a massive 25% off your order*. We ship worldwide and our furniture is created bespoke to order using the highest quality locally sourced renewable materials, full-aniline leathers and hardwood beech frames. *Excludes delivery
Now - 6/30
• Vastu '$500 or Less' Art Exhibit Vastu presents its first "$500 or Less" exhibition offering Photography, Wall Sculpture, Painting, and Mixed-Media. Original artwork at affordable prices. The show includes artists Brian Petro, Kristina Bilonick, DeMarquis Johnson, Colin Winterbottom, Rose Minetti, Gabriel J. Shuldiner and Allen Russ.
Vastu | 1829 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20009
6/15 - 8/19: Tues - Sat 11am to 7pm, Sun noon to 5pm (closed Mondays)
• Free Summer Saturdays @ Corcoran Gallery Join the Corcoran on Saturdays this summer for Gallery tours, workshops, demonstrations, and performances! Enjoy our summer exhibitions and programming free of admission Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Corcoran Gallery of Art |500 17th Street NW Washington DC 20006
Saturdays: 5/29 - 9/4
• Chris Rucker @ Industry Gallery The first solo U.S. exhibition for New York-based designer Chris Rucker whose design ethos is rooted in the use and reuse of simple and humble material. His principal medium is oriented strand board (OSB) and his design aesthetic weds the asceticism of Donald Judd with the rule-based principles of Sol LeWitt, to yield what Rucker calls "a rectilinear vocabulary."
Industry Gallery | 1358 Florida Avenue NW 2nd floor Washington, DC 20002
5/15 - 7/3
• The Washington Design Center's Design House The 2010 Design House — The Hall of Fame House — residing within The Washington Design Center, provides lifestyle-conscious consumers an entrée into the world of high-end home décor. This year's eight-room design house will be designed by well-known WDC Hall of Fame Designers.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
5/21 - 12/4
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY 'Experiments & Narratives' featuring the work of Sarah Smith — her new collection uses a collection of collage materials on canvas along with a mix of ink, acrylic paints, chalk pastels and oil pastels.
RCKNDY | 1515 U Street NW Washington DC 20009
OPENING RECEPTION: 5/7: 7pm - 9pm
5/7 - 6/20
• Charles P. Rogers Clearance Sale A wide selection of wood, leather and iron beds and daybeds available at substantial savings over their made to order prices, as well as free shipping for orders of $198 or more. Clearance items will be posted on charlesprogers.com that are only available online and not in stores.
6/8 - 6/23
• Traveler Sale @ The Container Store The Container Store is excited to introduce our NEW 2010 Luggage Collection of durable yet exceptionally lightweight luggage and travel organizers. Every item weighs 9½ pounds or less, which is crucial when trying to avoid those luggage fees — all on sale.
Now - 6/27
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Modern Miniatures @ DWR Local modernist dollhouse enthusiast and blogger Christine Ferrara, whose scaled-down creations will be on display in the Studio. Ferrara will discuss her blog as well as creating mini-modern interiors complete with Pop Art and Vitra replicas. Also on hand will be architect and designer Mark Green of the New York-based Brinca Dada, which produces modern dollhouses and furnishings.
DWR Princeton Studio | 30 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey 08542
6/24: 4pm - 7pm
• ArtJamz @ Corcoran Gallery of Art participants create a work of art in a fun, art-party setting with other art enthusiasts, is creative and interactive, providing a hands-on approach to an evening out. At each ArtJam — each night is limited to 25 participants. A $60 registration earns participants food, drinks, paints and brushes to use, and a canvas to take home.
Gallery 31 | New York Avenue entrance of the Corcoran
6/23 - 6/26
• Piazza Flea Market
The Piazza at Schmidt's | 2nd Street & Germantown Avenue (Below Girard) Northern Liberties, Philadelphia
7/24 & 7/25
8/28 & 8/29
Image: Sunbrella Pillows @ DWR
Send it to us. We publish DC sales and events each Thursday: