• Chicago Curbside Electronics Recycling
• Sawbridge Studios Consolidation Sale
• Golden Triangle Sidewalk Sale
• Jayson Home & Garden Sale
• Sprout Home Sale
• 17 Swedish Designers
• Floral Classes @ Sprout
• Upholstery & Rug Sale @ DWR
• Jonathan Adler Rug Sale
• Viva Terra Furniture Sale
• Lightology Special
• Serena & Lily Sale
• Rejuvenation Bath Sale
• Alessi Sale
• Shandell's Sale
• Gracious Style Sale
• FilzFelt Sale
• DWR Outdoor Clearance Sale
• DWR Bathroom Clearance Sale
details & 10 more below the jump…
scroll down for details
MORE THIS WEEK
• Gus* Modern Summer Sale
• Bobby Berk Home Sale
• BoConcept Semi-Annual Sale
• Léron Sale
• Mid-Century @ Smart Museum of Art
• Charles P. Rogers Bed Sale
• Organized Home Sale @ The Container Store
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home
• Terrarium Class @ Sprout Home
• Randolph Street Market Festival
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Chicago Curbside Electronics Recycling For a list of eligible electronics and dates for participating wards, see Re-Nest | Limited Time Curbside Electronics Recycling
8/1 - 8/31
• Sawbridge Studios Consolidation Sale Savings of 50%, 60%, and up to 70% on dining tables and chairs, beds, cabinets, coffee tables and more, all featuring select grain woods and other premium materials, expertly crafted by some of the top artisans in America. Sale items are divided between the Chicago and Winnetka locations.
Chicago | 153 West Ohio Street Chicago, Illinois 60610
Winnetka | 897½ Green Bay Road & 1015 Tower Court Winnetka, Illinois 60093
• Golden Triangle Sidewalk Sale Save up to 60 percent on a vast selection of exotic merchandise — treasured antiques and rare furnishings, unusual home and office accessories, vivid jewelry and fashion accessories from Thailand and its neighbors, as well as 20th-century European furnishings and accessories.
Golden Triangle | 330 N. Clark Street Chicago, Illinois 60610
8/12 - 8/21 (closed Sundays)
• Jayson Home & Garden Sale 50% off ALL plants, 30% off ALL garden containers and pots and 30% off ALL garden ornaments. In store and Online.
Jayson Home & Garden | 1885 N Clybourn Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60614
8/6 - 8/22
• Sprout Home Sale 35% - 50% off trees, shrubs and select perennials.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60622
• 17 Swedish Designers 17 award-winning Swedish female artists and designers specializing in textiles, furniture, glass works, and other mediums.
Swedish American Museum | 5211 N. Clark Street Chicago, Illinois 60640
6/4 - 8/31
• Upholstery & Rug Sale @ DWR Save 15% on sofas, sectionals, sleepers, ottomans and armchairs as well as rugs and runners. Orders of $3,000 or more will be upgraded to White Glove delivery service.
DWR Studios and online.
8/5 - 8/31
• Mid-Century @ Smart Museum of Art Between 1850 and 1950, progressive artists, designers, and architects decisively reshaped the everyday world of objects. Advocating for design reform — and by extension, social reform — they promoted a host of competing ideologies that embraced aesthetic revolution and technical innovation. Drawn entirely from the Smart Museum's collection, this exhibition explores the interweaving history and iconic forms that defined the domestic world of modernism. The exhibition features both one-of-a-kind commissions as well as mass-produced objects, including designs by Frank Lloyd Wright, Mies van der Rohe, Marcel Breuer, Charles and Ray Eames, and many others.
Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago | 5550 S. Greenwood Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60637
7/8 - 9/5
• Organized Home Sale @ The Container Store Space-saving solutions from around the store will be on sale to help you take control and get organized this summer! Free in-store demonstrations on organizing the home every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm & 4pm from 7/3 - 8/1. Container Store will give away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration.
In stores and online.
6/28 - 9/6
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home See the endless possibilities for elegant living in a home that's the ultimate in sophistication, comfort and eco-smart. Be inspired by the vision of Chicago's most acclaimed designers as you explore room after stunning room.
The Merchandise Mart | First Floor, North Lobby
OPEN TO PUBLIC: 4/16 - 12/10: M - F: 10am–5pm, Sat: 10am - 3pm
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Terrarium Class @ Sprout Home We'll demonstrate the steps for building an open terrarium, including planting mediums, plants that work together, and maintenance. Participants can bring their own container and purchase the materials (rocks, charcoal, soil, and plants) for a fee or they may purchase a container at the store. If you bring your own container, make sure the opening is wide enough to fit your hand into. Material charges are based on the size of container and plant pricing (estimated charges are $35 - $75). RSVP — space is limited.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Chicago, Illinois 60622
• Randolph Street Market Festival Encompassing several smaller markets in one kinetic energy-filled environment, including: the Chicago Antique Market, the Indie Designer Market, the Fancy Food Market, the Vinyl Swap Meet, the Global Goods Bazaar and much more. General admission $12, good for both days (save $3 by buying tickets online).
1350 W. Randolph Street in Chicago's West Loop
1340 W. Washington Street (between Ada and Ogden)
8/28 - 8/29: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am - 4pm
9/25 - 9/26: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am - 4pm
• Floral Classes @ Sprout Tara Heibel and TJ Harrison will be running the classes. The classes are free, however if people want to do arrangements and take them home, the cost of materials is applied. RSVP Space is limited.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60622
9/14: 6pm Uncommon Structures
10/12: 6pm Long Lasting Pieces
Send it to us. We publish every Thursday: