• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• Sony Pictures Prop Department Online Auction
• Viva Terra Furniture Sale
• Cuddledown Pillow Sale
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA
• Organized Home Sale @ The Container Store
• Floral Design Classes @ Floral Art
• Charles P. Rogers Bed Sale
• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale
• Classes @ Common Thread Studio
• Fleeting Immersion
• Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage
• AIA Los Angeles 2010 Fall Home Tour Series
details below the jump…
scroll down for details
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store 25% off our entire shelving collection — from customizable modular systems to a simple, single shelf. Plus, save 25% off elfa Installation Service.
In stores and online.
Now - 10/17
• Sony Pictures Prop Department Online Auction Thousands of items will be sold during this three day On-LINE AUCTION event. Vintage through modern furnishings, art, housewares, signage, rugs, wardrobe, ethnic items, plus 100's of unique and collectible items. Over 2 acres!
PREVIEW NIGHT: 8/26: 5pm - 9pm
ON-SITE WALKTHROUGHS: 8/30 & 8/31: 9am - 4pm
ONLINE AUCTION: 9/1 - 9/3
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA The Fourth California Design Biennial highlighting the most significant and innovative designs being created in California.
Pasadena Museum of California Art | 490 East Union Street
• Organized Home Sale @ The Container Store Space-saving solutions from around the store will be on sale to help you take control and get organized this summer! Free in-store demonstrations on organizing the home every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm & 4pm from 7/3 - 8/1. Container Store will give away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration.
In stores and online.
6/28 - 9/6
• Floral Design Classes @ Floral Art Taught by owner and designer, Jennifer McGarigle. Participants will not only gain knowledge on how to make Floral Art, but also get to take home the arrangement they create ($125 value). Advanced sign up is required and there is limited space available. Individual classes are $150. A series of three is $400 and six are $700. Please contact Floral Art at 310.392.1633 to sign up.
Floral Art | 1338 Abbot Kinney Boulevard Venice, California 90291
9/6: Rose Inspirations 6:30pm - 8pm
10/14: Bulb Bliss 6:30pm - 8pm
11/11: The Modern Wreath 6:30pm - 8pm
12/8: Holiday Entertaining on a Budget 6:30pm - 8pm
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale Showroom sale featuring discounts ranging from 20-40% off of seconds, samples and overstock.
3051 Rosslyn Street, Los Angeles, California 90065
9/11 & 9/12: 10am - 5pm
• Fleeting Immersion Art Installation and Pop-Up Concept Shop. Visit the thematic world of Santa Fe Astronaut, where you will find a gallery transformed into a home…complete with original artwork, furniture, clothing, accessories and more.
Tinlark Gallery | 6171 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California
OPENING RECEPTION: 9/17: 8pm
9/17 - 9/25
• Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage Vintage clothes, original art, apartment-ready potted succulents and plain old kitsch can be found along with a food truck block party. Held on the playground of the Micheltorena St. Elementary School, the market raises funds for the local
Micheltorena Elementary School | 1511 Micheltorena Street Los Angeles, California 90026
9/25 & 9/26 (the last weekend of every month)
• Classes @ Common Thread Studio Come join us and learn how to sew and/or work on your own projects in a clean open studio space. RSVP
Common Thread Studio | 1011A Mission Street South Pasadena, California 91030
9/25: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
10/2: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
10/9: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
• AIA Los Angeles 2010 Fall Home Tour Series Featuring beautiful houses by Los Angeles's leading architects. You can see the homes, talk to the architects, and discover new designs for living. How the tours work: Houses are typically open from 11am - 4pm. Attendees receive a ticket, map, driving directions and information on each of the tour homes. Docents and members of the design team (schedule permitting) are available. Tickets: Non-Member: $75.00/ticket & AIA Member: $65.00/ticket.
FALL TOUR #1 THE HILLS: EAST TO WEST 9/19: 11am - 4pm
FALL TOUR #2 OFF SUNSET: BRENTWOOD TO PALISADES
10/17: 11am - 4pm
Image: Ladoro Display Cubes
Send it to us. We publish every week: