• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• Viva Terra Furniture Sale
• Cuddledown Pillow Sale
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA
• Fleeting Immersion
• Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage
• Classes @ Common Thread Studio
• LA Mart Design Center Sample Sale
• Floral Design Classes @ Floral Art
• AIA Los Angeles 2010 Fall Home Tour Series
details below the jump…
scroll down for details
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale Showroom sale featuring discounts ranging from 20-40% off of seconds, samples and overstock.
3051 Rosslyn Street, Los Angeles, California 90065
9/11 & 9/12: 10am - 5pm
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store 25% off our entire shelving collection — from customizable modular systems to a simple, single shelf. Plus, save 25% off elfa Installation Service.
In stores and online.
Now - 10/17
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA The Fourth California Design Biennial highlighting the most significant and innovative designs being created in California.
Pasadena Museum of California Art | 490 East Union Street
7/18 - 10/31
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Fleeting Immersion Art Installation and Pop-Up Concept Shop. Visit the thematic world of Santa Fe Astronaut, where you will find a gallery transformed into a home…complete with original artwork, furniture, clothing, accessories and more.
Tinlark Gallery | 6171 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California
OPENING RECEPTION: 9/17: 8pm
9/17 - 9/25
• Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage Vintage clothes, original art, apartment-ready potted succulents and plain old kitsch can be found along with a food truck block party. Held on the playground of the Micheltorena St. Elementary School, the market raises funds for the local
Micheltorena Elementary School | 1511 Micheltorena Street Los Angeles, California 90026
9/25 (the last Saturday of every month)
• Classes @ Common Thread Studio Come join us and learn how to sew and/or work on your own projects in a clean open studio space. RSVP
Common Thread Studio | 1011A Mission Street South Pasadena, California 91030
9/25: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
10/2: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
10/9: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
• LA Mart Design Center Sample Sale Our showrooms are significantly marking down new merchandise —up to 70% off!
LA Mart Design Center | 1933 S. Broadway Los Angeles, California 90007
TRADE PREVIEW: 10/1: 9am - 5pm
PUBLIC SALE: 10/2: 10am - 5pm
PUBLIC SALE: 10/3 11am - 4pm
• Floral Design Classes @ Floral Art Taught by owner and designer, Jennifer McGarigle. Participants will not only gain knowledge on how to make Floral Art, but also get to take home the arrangement they create ($125 value). Advanced sign up is required and there is limited space available. Individual classes are $150. A series of three is $400 and six are $700. Please contact Floral Art at 310.392.1633 to sign up.
Floral Art | 1338 Abbot Kinney Boulevard Venice, California 90291
10/14: Bulb Bliss 6:30pm - 8pm
11/11: The Modern Wreath 6:30pm - 8pm
12/8: Holiday Entertaining on a Budget 6:30pm - 8pm
• AIA Los Angeles 2010 Fall Home Tour Series Featuring beautiful houses by Los Angeles's leading architects. You can see the homes, talk to the architects, and discover new designs for living. How the tours work: Houses are typically open from 11am - 4pm. Attendees receive a ticket, map, driving directions and information on each of the tour homes. Docents and members of the design team (schedule permitting) are available. Tickets: Non-Member: $75.00/ticket & AIA Member: $65.00/ticket.
FALL TOUR #1 THE HILLS: EAST TO WEST 9/19: 11am - 4pm
FALL TOUR #2 OFF SUNSET: BRENTWOOD TO PALISADES
10/17: 11am - 4pm
Send it to us. We publish every week: