• EcoSmart Sample Sale
• Wisteria Online Sale
• Potted Sale
• Visual Acoustics Screening with Director Q&A
• Fleeting Immersion
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store
• Seating & Dining Sale @ DWR
• Baker Furniture Sale
• Loll Design Sale @ YLiving
• Grange Sale
• Serena & Lily's Bazaar
• Seltzer Studios Sale
• Loll Kids Sale @ Clever Tomato
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• EcoSmart Fireplace Sale
• Viva Terra Furniture Sale
• Cuddledown Pillow Sale
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA
• Knoll Space Annual Sale
• Rolling Greens Terrarium Workshop
• Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage
• Classes @ Common Thread Studio
• LA Mart Design Center Sample Sale
• Floral Design Classes @ Floral Art
• AIA Los Angeles 2010 Fall Home Tour Series
details below the jump…
scroll down for details
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• EcoSmart Fireplace Sample Sale 25% - 50% off all floor models. Save on select stock and demonstration models.
EcoSmart | 3641 Holdrege Ave, Suite B Los Angeles, California 90016
9/1 - 9/30
• Wisteria Online Sale 25% off our entire online-only section. Limited quantities.
• Potted Sale Everything is on sale: fountains, fire pits, outdoor furniture and bistro sets, pots, garden art, our pavers, vintage finds. We will also be cleaning out storage areas to bring out things we don't even remember having and they will be well priced.
Potted | 3158 Los Feliz Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90039
9/10 - 9/19
• Visual Acoustics Screening with Director Q&A Screening of documentary Visual Acoustics of architectural photographer Julius Shulman. The Director, Eric Bricker, will do a Q&A after the film. Suggested donation: $15, students $7. Free admission to Restoration Trade Fair. Brought to you by the Emerging Professionals Committees of the AIA, Long Beach/South Bay and Los Angeles.
The Art Theatre | 2025 East 4th Street, Long Beach, California 90814
• Fleeting Immersion Art Installation and Pop-Up Concept Shop. Visit the thematic world of Santa Fe Astronaut, where you will find a gallery transformed into a home…complete with original artwork, furniture, clothing, accessories and more.
Tinlark Gallery | 6171 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California
OPENING RECEPTION: 9/17: 8pm
9/17 - 9/25
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store 25% off our entire shelving collection — from customizable modular systems to a simple, single shelf. Plus, save 25% off elfa Installation Service.
In stores and online.
Now - 10/17
• Seating & Dining Sale @ DWR Save 15% when you mix and match four or more specially marked chairs, stools and tables. Items do not have to be from the same collection. The sale also includes a 15% discount on orders of one or more specially marked dining accessories.
In studios and online.
9/9 - 9/28
• Baker Furniture Sale Baker's most inclusive sale ever, with savings for the first time on The Pagani Collection, The Andre Arbus Collection, and the latest additions to The Bill Sofield Collection, as well as Spring 2010 introductions. Additional discounts will be given on The Selected Works of Tony Duquette and select styles from The Milling Road Collection. Select styles not included.
All Baker Locations and online
9/3 - 10/12
• Loll Design Sale @ YLiving Save 10% -15% + enjoy free shipping and no tax on all Loll furniture and accessories at YLiving. Built for casual lounging and enjoying the outdoors, all Loll chairs, tables and accessories are manufactured of 100% recycled plastic reclaimed from used milk jugs. Designs require no maintenance and come in a rainbow of bright colors.
9/1 - 9/30
• Serena & Lily's Bazaar Bazaar, a seasonal online pop-up shop that is now open selectively six to eight times a year, features an ever-changing assortment of distinctive and one-of-a-kind treasures in several categories such as furniture, lighting, rugs, wall décor, textiles and objets d'art.
9/18 - 9/23
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA The Fourth California Design Biennial highlighting the most significant and innovative designs being created in California.
Pasadena Museum of California Art | 490 East Union Street
7/18 - 10/31
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Knoll Space Annual Sale 15% off the MSRP at over 100 Knoll Space retailers in both the United States and Canada. Products are made to order per the customer's specifications and carry standard lead times.
Find a Knoll Space Retailer — YLiving.
9/24 - 10/3
• Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage Vintage clothes, original art, apartment-ready potted succulents and plain old kitsch can be found along with a food truck block party. Held on the playground of the Micheltorena St. Elementary School, the market raises funds for the local
Micheltorena Elementary School | 1511 Micheltorena Street Los Angeles, California 90026
9/25 (the last Saturday of every month)
• Classes @ Common Thread Studio Come join us and learn how to sew and/or work on your own projects in a clean open studio space. RSVP
Common Thread Studio | 1011A Mission Street South Pasadena, California 91030
9/25: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
10/2: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
10/9: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
• LA Mart Design Center Sample Sale Our showrooms are significantly marking down new merchandise —up to 70% off!
LA Mart Design Center | 1933 S. Broadway Los Angeles, California 90007
TRADE PREVIEW: 10/1: 9am - 5pm
PUBLIC SALE: 10/2: 10am - 5pm
PUBLIC SALE: 10/3 11am - 4pm
• Floral Design Classes @ Floral Art Taught by owner and designer, Jennifer McGarigle. Participants will not only gain knowledge on how to make Floral Art, but also get to take home the arrangement they create ($125 value). Advanced sign up is required and there is limited space available. Individual classes are $150. A series of three is $400 and six are $700. Please contact Floral Art at 310.392.1633 to sign up.
Floral Art | 1338 Abbot Kinney Boulevard Venice, California 90291
10/14: Bulb Bliss 6:30pm - 8pm
11/11: The Modern Wreath 6:30pm - 8pm
12/8: Holiday Entertaining on a Budget 6:30pm - 8pm
• AIA Los Angeles 2010 Fall Home Tour Series Featuring beautiful houses by Los Angeles's leading architects. You can see the homes, talk to the architects, and discover new designs for living. How the tours work: Houses are typically open from 11am - 4pm. Attendees receive a ticket, map, driving directions and information on each of the tour homes. Docents and members of the design team (schedule permitting) are available. Tickets: Non-Member: $75.00/ticket & AIA Member: $65.00/ticket.
FALL TOUR #1 THE HILLS: EAST TO WEST 9/19: 11am - 4pm
FALL TOUR #2 OFF SUNSET: BRENTWOOD TO PALISADES
10/17: 11am - 4pm
Send it to us. We publish every week: