• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• Knoll Space Annual Sale
• Sanford Burrows Bedding Sale
• Classes @ Common Thread Studio
• LA Mart Design Center Sample Sale
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store
• Baker Furniture Sale
• Grange Sale
• Jayson Home & Garden Online Flea Market
• FLOS Sale @ YLighting
• Seltzer Studios Sale
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA
• The Huntington Fall Plant Sale
• TufenkianOutlet.com Sale
• Floral Design Classes @ Floral Art
• AIA Los Angeles 2010 Fall Home Tour Series
• Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage
• AAHSA Idea House
details below the jump…
scroll down for details
• Knoll Space Annual Sale 15% off the MSRP at over 100 Knoll Space retailers in both the United States and Canada. Products are made to order per the customer's specifications and carry standard lead times.
Find a Knoll Space Retailer — YLiving & DWR.
9/24 - 10/3
• Classes @ Common Thread Studio Come join us and learn how to sew and/or work on your own projects in a clean open studio space. RSVP
Common Thread Studio | 1011A Mission Street South Pasadena, California 91030
10/2: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
10/9: Improv Quilting with Alissa Haight Carlton 3pm - 6pm
• LA Mart Design Center Sample Sale Our showrooms are significantly marking down new merchandise —up to 70% off!
LA Mart Design Center | 1933 S. Broadway Los Angeles, California 90007
TRADE PREVIEW: 10/1: 9am - 5pm
PUBLIC SALE: 10/2: 10am - 5pm
PUBLIC SALE: 10/3 11am - 4pm
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store 25% off our entire shelving collection — from customizable modular systems to a simple, single shelf. Plus, save 25% off elfa Installation Service.
In stores and online.
Now - 10/17
• Baker Furniture Sale Baker's most inclusive sale ever, with savings for the first time on The Pagani Collection, The Andre Arbus Collection, and the latest additions to The Bill Sofield Collection, as well as Spring 2010 introductions. Additional discounts will be given on The Selected Works of Tony Duquette and select styles from The Milling Road Collection. Select styles not included.
All Baker Locations and online
9/3 - 10/12
• Jayson Home & Garden Online Flea Market Chicago's Jayson Home & Garden's annual online Flea Market featuring hundreds of vintage and antique items, mainly sourced from Europe by our two buyers, will be available online for the first time.
10/1: 9am PST
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA The Fourth California Design Biennial highlighting the most significant and innovative designs being created in California.
Pasadena Museum of California Art | 490 East Union Street
7/18 - 10/31
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• The Huntington Fall Plant Sale For a beautiful spring garden, start planning—and planting—in the fall. You'll find lots of inspiration at The Huntington's annual Fall Plant Sale. While you're here, pick up some tips from the experts on seasonal gardening topics such as mulching, pruning, winter lawn care, and pest control. Free.
The Huntington | 1151 Oxford Road San Marino, California 91108
10/9 - 10/11: 10:30am - 4:30pm (Garden talks each day at 2:30pm)
• TufenkianOutlet.com Sale Save an additional 15% off already reduced pricing when you Call to Order! 800.928.6671
10/12 - 10/14
• Floral Design Classes @ Floral Art Taught by owner and designer, Jennifer McGarigle. Participants will not only gain knowledge on how to make Floral Art, but also get to take home the arrangement they create ($125 value). Advanced sign up is required and there is limited space available. Individual classes are $150. A series of three is $400 and six are $700. Please contact Floral Art at 310.392.1633 to sign up.
Floral Art | 1338 Abbot Kinney Boulevard Venice, California 90291
10/14: Bulb Bliss 6:30pm - 8pm
11/11: The Modern Wreath 6:30pm - 8pm
12/8: Holiday Entertaining on a Budget 6:30pm - 8pm
• AIA Los Angeles 2010 Fall Home Tour Series Featuring beautiful houses by Los Angeles's leading architects. You can see the homes, talk to the architects, and discover new designs for living. How the tours work: Houses are typically open from 11am - 4pm. Attendees receive a ticket, map, driving directions and information on each of the tour homes. Docents and members of the design team (schedule permitting) are available. Tickets: Non-Member: $75.00/ticket & AIA Member: $65.00/ticket.
FALL TOUR #2 OFF SUNSET: BRENTWOOD TO PALISADES 10/17: 11am - 4pm
• Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage Vintage clothes, original art, apartment-ready potted succulents and plain old kitsch can be found along with a food truck block party. Held on the playground of the Micheltorena St. Elementary School, the market raises funds for the local
Micheltorena Elementary School | 1511 Micheltorena Street Los Angeles, California 90026
10/30 (the last Saturday of every month)
• AAHSA Idea House A 2,500-square-foot concept house designed to illustrate how technology and design can be integrated to facilitate aging in place and continued participation in the community. The house will feature design elements such as modified kitchens and bathrooms as well as technologies designed to improve older people's quality of life, while reducing health care costs, encouraging healthy behavior change and providing caregivers with support.
Los Angeles Convention Center
10/31 - 11/3
Send it to us. We publish every week: