Long Island Ice
Short Month Sales
- Parisian Flea Market
- Designers bring continental finds to UES.
- When: Thurs. 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Where: Charlotte Moss Studio, 135 E. 65th St. (212.288.1535)
- Cath Kidston
- Sale on the British designer's home accessories
- When: trhough 2/14
- Where: 201 Mulberry [Kenmare/Spring] (212.343.0223)
- NOI New York
- Up to 50% off on glass: vases, tumblers and bowls
- When: through 2/16
- Where: 8 Rivington [Chrystie/Bowery] (212.260.9992)
- Broadway Panhandler
- Up to 65% off Le Creuset - clearance on many other items
- When: 2/16-2/27
- Where: 477 Broome [Wooster] (212.966.3434)
- The Pier Antiques Show
- 400 dealers on two piers! All styles and eras!
- When: 2/12-2/13
- Where: Piers 90-92, 50-55th street and 12th ave
- Greenbaum Interiors
- Big Winter Sale on mod and trad furniture
- When: 2/9-/2/26
- Where: 101 Washington Street, Paterson, NJ (973.279.3000)
- 50% off garden-y antiques and repros., furniture & lighting
- When: 2/14-2/18
- Where: 418 East 75th Street (212.535.2288)
- Poltrona Frau
- Sample sale: up to 50% off sleek, modern design
- When: 2/11-2/27
- Where: 145 Wooster Street (212.777.7529)
- Liora Manné
- Big colorful pillows! Home and fashion accessories at 50% off
- When: 2/7–2/13
- Where: 91 Grand St. (212.965.0302)
- Armani Casa
- furniture is up to 50% off
- When: through 2/13
- Where: 97 Greene Street (212.334.1271)
- Beyond the Bosphorus
- 50% off hand woven kilims and pillows
- When: through 2/10
- Where: 79 Sullivan Street (212.219.8257)
- 40% off fabrics when you do upholstery, drapes, windows...
- When: through 2/26
- Where: Bloomies (718.978.8501)
- Terra Cotta
- 50% off handcrafted pottery, necklaces, scarves, and more.
- When: 1/15–2/28
- Where: 259 W. 4th St., nr Perry St. (212.243.1952)
Craig's List Garage Sale Roundup
Greenwich Village Moving Sale: Antique Chests, Objects, Art, Home, > (moving end of Feb.)
Chelsea Moving Sale (chelsea)
MOVING SALE (WEST VILLAGE)
Not an Ordinary Stoop Sale (Downtown Jersey City)
Architect selling cool stuff (Gramercy Park)
Great Moving Sale (Park Slope)
Chelsea Flea Market
When: Saturday and Sunday, 6th Ave from 25th to 26th Street, sunrise to sunset (212.243.5343)
Hell's Kitchen Flea Market
When: Saturday and Sunday, 39th Street, between 9th & 10th avenues, 10am - 6pm
Affordable Art & Cultchah
Parallel: Jimmy Celaya
- Jimmy Celaya: Paintings & Photographs
- Contemporary paintings with generously layered surfaces and palettes, juxtaposed with photographic abstractions of life featured by a great furniture store in Tribeca.
- When: Tonight 6-9pm
- Where: Les Migrateurs, 188 Duane Street (212.966.8208)
- The Aztec Empire
- Enrique Norten of TEN Arquitectos + J. Meejin Yoon designed this examination of Aztec civilization through over 440 works from public and private collections.
- When: Through 2/13
- Where: Guggenheim Museum, 1071 Fifth Ave.(212.423.3500)
- Right at Home: New Design Priorities
- Herman Miller for the Home and Metropolis host an evening focusing on sustainable home furnishings and design. The event includes a screening of the short film "Real Voices."
- When: February 17th
- Where: Center for Architecture, 536 LaGuardia Place (212.683.0023)
- The Gates Are Coming!!
- "To all visitors of The Gates:
- There are no official opening tickets.
- There are no invitations.
- There are no tickets.
- The work is free for all to enjoy....
- Queer Batman & Urban Myths
- New paintings by Mark Chamberlain, Mike Childs, Josedegardo Granados
- When: Opening Reception - January 7, 6-8 pm
- When: January 7 -February 18, 2005
- Where: Artek Contemporaries, 526 West 26 Street, #31
- Cig Harvey
- New photographs
- When: 1/12-2/27
- Where: Robin Rice Gallery, 325 West 11th Street (212.366.6660)
- East Village USA
- The local eighties art scene: Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, Lee Quinones, Kenny Scharf, Philip Taafe, and many others, curated by Dan Cameron.
- When: Through 3/19
- Where: New Museum of Contemporary Art, temporarily located at the Chelsea Art Museum, 556 W. 22nd St., nr. 11th Ave. (212.219.1222)
- Josef and Anni Albers: Designs for Living
- The Albers - of Bauhaus and Black Mountain College fame - collected textiles and furniture pair off with one another When: through 2/27
- Where: Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum
Design =/ Art: Functional Objects From Donald Judd to Rachel Whiteread
- The first museum exhibition of the virtually unknown design works by some of the most influential artists of the last half century.
- When: 9/10-2/05
- Where: Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution , 2 E. 91st St.; 212-849-8300