- Armani Casa
- furniture is up to 50% off
- When: through 2/13
- Where: 97 Greene Street (212.334.1271)
- Beyond the Bosphorus
- 50% off hand woven kilims and pillows
- When: through 2/10
- Where: 79 Sullivan Street (212.219.8257)
- 15% off sale prices. Enough already!
- When: through 1/30
- Where: multiple locations
- Elfa Sale
- 30% off all Elfa shelving
- When: through 2/6
- Where: The Container Store, 6th Ave, 18th&19th (212.366.4200)
- Stickley Rug Sale
- 50%-70% off retail on all rugs
- When: through 1/31
- Where: only at White Plains store? (914.948.6333)
- 40% off fabrics when you do upholstery, drapes, windows...
- When: through 2/26
- Where: Bloomies (718.978.8501)
- Jeffrey Aronoff
- Hand-woven chenille scarves and throws at 50% off
- When: through the end of the month
- Where: 153 W. 27th [6th/7th] Suite 400 (212.229.0077) [Cash only]
- cashmere robes, slippers, linens.. up to 20% to 50% off
- When: 1/10–1/31
- Where: 829 Madison Ave. [69th] (212.288.2315)
- Mitchell Gold
- furniture is up to 40% off
- When: from 1/20-1/30.
- Where: ABC Carpet 888 Bway [19th] (646.602.3381)
- Smith & Hawken
- End of season clearance: 50% off on home and garden furniture and supplies, including BULBS!
- When: right now...
- Where: online and at West Broadway between Prince/Spring
- Terra Cotta
- 50% off handcrafted pottery, necklaces, scarves, and more.
- When: 1/15–2/28
- Where: 259 W. 4th St., nr Perry St. (212.243.1952)
Valley Furniture Shop
- Clearance on 18th c. reproductions: Stickley, Baker...
- When: through January
- Where: 20 Stirling Road, Watchung, NJ (908.756.7623)
- Yellow Barn
- Sale on international contemporary furniture
- When: through Jan?
- Where: 430 Bedford Rd., Armonk, NY (914.273.3900)
- Classic Sofa
- Another general sale held over.... great custom sofas
- When: till the fat lady sings...
- Where: 5 West 22nd Street (212.620.0485)
- 30% off on already low priced linens (!!!)
- When: January?
- Where: online only
- W Hotel Store
- Up to 75% off hotel bedding, linens and accessories
- When: right now
- Where: online only
Craig's List Garage Sale Roundup
This week our Dreamweaver is down: go to newyork.craigslist.org/gms
- Chelsea Flea Market
When: Saturday and Sunday, 6th Ave from 25th to 26th Street, sunrise to sunset (212.243.5343)
- Hell's Kitchen Flea Market
When: Saturday and Sunday, 39th Street, between 9th & 10th avenues, 10am - 6pm
Affordable Art & Cultchah
- The Gates Are Coming!!
- "To all visitors of The Gates:
- There are no official opening tickets.
- There are no invitations.
- There are no tickets.
- The work is free for all to enjoy....
- See Something/Say Something: 30 New York Artists Speak Up
- The inaugural exhibition at LeffertsSpace, the newest alternative art space in Clinton Hill
- When: opening receoption 1/22 from 8pm on...., 1/22-1/29
- Where: LeffertsSpace,
107 Lefferts Place [Grand & Classon]
Clinton Hill, Brooklyn
- Walter Martin and Paloma Muñoz
- A winter exhibition of this duo's craftily subversive snow globes
- When: Through 2/5
- Where: P.P.O.W., 555 W. 25th St. [11th] (212-647-1044)
- Queer Batman & Urban Myths
- New paintings by Mark Chamberlain, Mike Childs, Josedegardo Granados
- When: Opening Reception - January 7, 6-8 pm
- When: January 7 -February 18, 2005
- Where: Artek Contemporaries, 526 West 26 Street, #31
- Cig Harvey
- New photographs
- When: 1/12-2/27
- Where: Robin Rice Gallery, 325 West 11th Street (212.366.6660)
- East Village USA
- The local eighties art scene: Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, Lee Quinones, Kenny Scharf, Philip Taafe, and many others, curated by Dan Cameron.
- When: Through 3/19
- Where: New Museum of Contemporary Art, temporarily located at the Chelsea Art Museum, 556 W. 22nd St., nr. 11th Ave. (212.219.1222)
- Josef and Anni Albers: Designs for Living
- The Albers - of Bauhaus and Black Mountain College fame - collected textiles and furniture pair off with one another When: through 2/27
- Where: Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum
Design =/ Art: Functional Objects From Donald Judd to Rachel Whiteread
- The first museum exhibition of the virtually unknown design works by some of the most influential artists of the last half century.
- When: 9/10-2/05
- Where: Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution , 2 E. 91st St.; 212-849-8300