1. A double message! Reversible doormat (says Come in/Go Away) from Suck UK, £25.
2. Salvaged cut-away branches make up this mat: Tree Trimmings Mat from Anthropologie, $75.
3. Serene and beautiful, this Pebble Mat from Cb2 is made from natural stones from rivers in China, $44.95.
4. This one is my favorite: the unexpected Teak Door Mat from Crate and Barrel, $58.95.
5. Natural, with a touch of modernity: a light gray Woodgrain Welcome Mat from World Market, $39.99.
6. For a bright and cheery touch in spring, the Citrus Door Mat from Chiasso, $38.
7. The front door is your Finish Line. A refreshing thought from Generate by Ken Goldman, $39.
8. Whether you can read binary code or not, this "Welcome In" mat looks graphically welcoming. Binary Code mat from Think Geek, $49.99.
9. This one makes me smile: the "Hi I'm Mat" Mat, available from Black Ink, $18.
(Images: as linked above).