Giving tokens of our affection during the holidays is meant to make the recipient feel truly appreciated. One of the best ways to do that is to choose gifts that are carefully designed and maybe a just a little out-of-the-ordinary, yet it can be a challenge to convey the concept of "special", especially while sticking to a specific budget. Here are our picks for 10 items that have a strong aesthetic, come in under the $50 mark and all are easily available online.
Read on for the gift ideas and to enter our Holiday Sweepstakes for a chance to win $1000 (a little help for buying your holiday gifts this year!)...
- Rose Gold Salad Set, $49 ($39 currently on sale) at West Elm
- Framed Ginko Herbarium, $40 from Boxwood Tree on Etsy
- Kaleido Trays by Hay, starting at $16 at Design Within Reach
- Wine Breather Carafe Deluxe, $44.95 at Horne
- Postcard & Photo Holder, $48 at Jayson Home
- Utensil Duo by Muuto, $45 at A + R
- Royal Copenhagen Tray, $41.74 from Vintage Danish Design on Etsy
- Themis Mobile by Artecnica, $37 at YLiving
- PS LED Wall Lamp, $49.99 at IKEA
- Knit Ombre Pillow, $39.95 at CB2
This year, Apartment Therapy and The Kitchn aren't just sharing great ideas in our gift guides, we're giving away $1,000 to help one lucky reader purchase presents for their friends and family! Through Friday, December 13th, we'll publish new gift guides each day on both sites while collecting entries in the sweepstakes. (See Official Rules for details. One entry per reader, please.) Enter below for a chance to receive a bit of extra help from us this holiday season — we want it to be your best and brightest yet!
And we're not done. Starting on Monday, December 16, the Apartment Therapy and Kitchn editors have lined up ten absolutely unbelievable items (really, you won't believe how great they are!) for our big, blowout week-long Holiday Giveaway 2013. To be notified on when and how to enter to win these super-special gifts, sign up for our giveaway email today, and you won't miss a single one.