Apartment Therapy Media is seeking a DIY Editor to join us in our fast-paced and fun Soho office. This full-time staff position will report to the Executive and Managing Editors and will concept, create, write, assign and edit high quality, engaging and useful content primarily focused on home DIY projects and How-Tos for the brand. If you'd like to work with us, we'd love to hear from you!
At this time we are only accepting candidates that are located in the NYC area.
- Working with Editor and Managing Editor, develop, create and direct rich, helpful teaching and service content with a special focus on home projects (tutorials, how-to's, DIY projects, etc.)
- Concept, create, write and package original DIY project and how-to content as well as assign, edit and coordinate engaging content from freelance and staff writers
- Refresh, repackage and optimize archival content as needed
- Deliver completed content on schedule for publication on our site and distribution on our social channels
- Contribute to editorial planning meetings with story and post pitches
- Work with Art Department to illustrate project content
- Collaborate with Video Team on project content videos
- Oversee special editorial programs and events
- Work with allocated portion of freelance and supplies budget
- Establish, reach and monitor traffic goals to increase traffic through high quality projects content
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in digital media or publishing with a focus on home and design content.
- Skilled in concepting, acquiring, and packaging DIY and How To projects focused content
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and a desire to continue to learn more
- Experience in web analytics: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Parse.ly or similar
- Experience in managing staff and freelancers
- Experience in editing stories for accuracy, service, and voice
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and adjust strategy and execution in face of new information
How to Apply
- Visit our Jobs page to apply