Love the Apartment Therapy Tours? Want to join our team and share stylish spaces from your part of the world? Apartment Therapy is putting out a special call for Tour Contributors! If you've got strong photography skills, an excellent eye for style and are inspired by wonderfully designed homes and the people who live in them, read on.
This is a paid, freelance position (minimum 2 tour posts per month to start, more openings possible).
We're looking for people to create tour posts of homes of all sizes and styles. (International applicants welcome, too!)
Applications and questions can be sent via email (Tour Contributor Search in the subject line) by Monday, March 23rd to: Janel Laban
• excellent photography skills and a good eye for stellar images
• accurate, confident writing ability
• a strong sense of style and interest in interiors
• a reliable computer and high speed internet connection
• a good quality digital camera/lenses/tripod
• Photoshop or Photoshop Elements or equivalent program
Monday, March 23 (earlier is always appreciated!)
Please send the following info to Janel Laban with "Tour Contributor Search" as the subject, along with a sample house tour post:
• Your name and contact information
• How you first found Apartment Therapy and how long you have been reading us
• What you do full time
• Where you plan on finding tours in your area and a few pitches of tours that you think you'd be able to share if hired
• A complete sample house tour post (more info below, and see a sample house tour post right here)
Your sample house tour post should be complete and representative of the style and quality you would deliver on tour posts on an ongoing basis. It should consist of:
• A minimum of 20 of your original photos (full size) - we look for a well rounded mix of beautiful images; both vertical and horizontally oriented photos, long shots that establish the layout of the rooms/home as well as closeups of specific areas of interest and vignettes. Photos should be named numerically in the order that you would want them viewed in our slideshow (example: photo1.jpg, photo2.jpg, etc),
• A short intro, approx. 3 paragraphs maximum
• An Apartment Therapy Questionnaire (example in sample tour linked below) completed by the tour recipient
• A resource list (example in sample tour linked below)
• A sample house tour can be viewed right here to see all the components of a complete post.
We want to be WOWED with your unique voice and awesome pictures! Please submit a house tour written specifically for Apartment Therapy and not for another blog. Look to the Apartment Therapy house tour archives for multiple examples of the general style and format of posts for submission.
Monday, March 23 (earlier is even better!)
Applications and questions can be sent via email (Tour Contributor Search in the subject line) to: Janel Laban