• Attend press events, trade shows and Apartment Therapy events in the NYC area as a reporter for Apartment Therapy. Occasional travel to other trade events may be a possibility.
• Attend approximately 2-3 events per week, with more during key seasons
• Many of these events are held as breakfasts and cocktail parties; morning and evening availability is necessary
• Manage appropriate follow ups from the events, including writing up event coverage blog posts for the site as well as reports to the staff
• Log new contacts in our database system
• Manage a weekly schedule, calender of events and status reports
• Source and suggest additional events for coverage
How to Apply:
This is a paid freelance position based in NYC. Only New York metro applicants please.
Please send a cover letter, resume and two sample blog posts written exclusively for this application. The sample posts should reflect your take on how you'd present event coverage/reporting in an Apartment Therapy style and both should feature your own photos. Send to Janel Laban by Friday, June 1, 2012.
Any questions? Feel free to email - thanks!