Apartment Therapy is looking for a design-loving events reporter to attend and cover NYC area press and trade events. We're looking for someone who is interested in and knowledgeable about interior and furniture design and enthusiastic about sharing the latest news with our large readership.The ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule (availability especially important for evenings and mornings), strong writing and excellent photography skills, an enjoyment of social situations and the ability to share the experience of the event through great photos, quick on-the-spot interviews and informative recaps.
• Attend press events, trade shows and Apartment Therapy events in the NYC area as a reporter for Apartment Therapy. Occasional travel to other trade events may be a possibility.
• Attend approximately 2-3 events per week, with more during key seasons
• Many of these events are held as breakfasts and cocktail parties; morning and evening availability is necessary
• Manage appropriate follow ups from the events, including writing up event coverage blog posts for the site as well as reports to the staff
• Log new contacts in our database system
• Manage a weekly schedule, calender of events and status reports
• Source and suggest additional events for coverage
How to Apply:
This is a paid freelance position based in NYC. Only New York metro applicants please.
Please send a cover letter, resume and two sample blog posts written exclusively for this application. The sample posts should reflect your take on how you'd present event coverage/reporting in an Apartment Therapy style and both should feature your own photos. Send to Janel Laban by Friday, June 1, 2012.
Any questions? Feel free to email - thanks!