[Image: Sue Richards]
Apartment Therapy is looking for a new blogger correspondent in China...someone enthusiastic and knowledgeable about their city, with hopes of finding someone living in Shanghai or Beijing. Someone with a solid grasp of their city's resources for making the home a better place to live through advice, resources and inspiration in a notably Chinese way. Someone who can help connect our readership with the vast amount of information out there, with a nose for the unique that distinguishes the asian concept of home from that of their western counterparts.
We are looking for: one new blogger.
What you get: International exposure on a weekly basis with a compensation per post; compensation dependent upon type of post.
Deadline: Ongoing, until we find the "right one".
- a commitment to a schedule of 1-2 posts weekly, specifically house tours throughout China and Asia.
- an ability to network, leading to house tours
- an ability to provide unique solutions for common problems
- a unique and strong editorial voice...we want personality!
- availability online via email, and preferably IM (AIM, Google Talk, Skype Chat, etc)
- a reliable up to date PC or Mac
- a high speed internet connection
- a digital camera
- Photoshop or other image editing software; a fundamental understanding of image manipulation and management (jpeg vs gifs, retouching images, reducing file sizes, etc).
- basic technical knowledge of HTML and FTP protocol
- willingness to be the face of Apartment Therapy in China/Asia
Ideally, Apartment Therapy is looking for someone who already knows how to blog and is acquainted with the blogging culture, whether it is for their own blog or from previous online experience. We're also concurrently looking for someone who likes to shop regularly, who can proactively establish a relationship with Chinese (and other asian locales) design/decor businesses and services, and become our point person when dealing with shops around town. Special events management and promotional skills are highly desired!
If you happen to reside in Japan, Korea or Hong Kong, please feel free to contact us for consideration.
AT's Mission: constantly helping people to have beautiful, organized, healthy homes, through blogging resources, reviewing products, tracking the news and providing inspiration.
Please submit: to gregory @ apartmenttherapy . com with "AT CHINA EDITOR" in big letters in the subject header:
- Your name
- Where you live
- How did you find AT?
- What you would be doing the rest of the time
- 2 sample China-themed posts with good pics - keep them 100-200 words max (convert all images to no wider than 6.25", file size no larger than 40k)
We will contact you if your entry has been chosen for consideration within 2 weeks of receiving. Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon!