Location: Hercules, California (Bay Area)
My husband and I moved into our rental three months before our baby's due date. The challenge - how to inject our personal style without painting the walls or doing anything permanent to the room.
We wanted a modern nursery with an urban edge, and with the help of my brother, an aspiring interior designer, came up with just that. We brought in color through bold artwork, textiles, and accessories while keeping the furniture clean and simple. We chose the colors black and orange - an ode to the San Francisco Giants, and accented it with a bright aqua blue.
Our urban style and love of the Bay Area was brought in through various DIY projects which includes painted chevron curtains, a customized Ikea dresser, and a mural of the San Francisco skyline made entirely out of paint chips.
• Crib - Baby Mod Dylan mini crib from Walmart $149.00
• Pillows - handmade by brother
• Paint chip mural and frame - handmade by brother
• Glider and ottoman - Craigslist (reupholstered with fabric from Joann)
• Afghan - crocheted by Baby's mommy
• Giraffe - Amazon.com
• Wall ledges - Ikea
• Yarn lamps - DIY, light kit from Pier 1 Imports
• Dressers - 2 Ikea MALM 3-drawer dressers $69.99 each
• Curtains and rod - Target
• Changing pad - Baby Smart Cooshee Changer
• Bookcase - Ikea EXPEDIT shelving unit $69.99
• Artwork - handmade by brother
• ABC prints - designed by brother, printed at Costco $2.99 each
• Yarn letters - DIY
(Images: Amanda C.)