With all of the rain that we've been having here in the NYC our thoughts have turned to how to keep our tech safe from the rain. As we all know technology + water is not a brilliant combination (with a few exceptions) so it is with protecting our precious gear during our commutes and travels in this very wet weather that the idea for this roundup came to mind.
Rainy Weather Tech:
1) LED Umbrella: Rainy days won't seem quite so drab when you're sporting this LED umbrella. Follow the instructions by Instructables user Sockmaster to make your own.
5) Weather Radio: For serious weather updates and emergency situations a weather radio is a rather handy. Pictured is the Midland XT511 the "king of emergency crank radios" featuring not only a weather radio, but also a FRS emergency broadcast radio ($60).
6) LED Floodlight: A compact rechargeable light bright enough to actually be useful should you use lose power from storms is a must have in every home. We love this compact lantern into flood light from Joby, the GorillaTorch Switchback for its fantastic 72 hour battery like, brightness, and nifty looks ($60).
8) Waterproof Devices: Of course instead of worrying about putting your tech in waterproof cases there is always the option of buying waterproof devices to begin with like this MP3 player from Sony ($60).
Other waterproof tech from the Unplggd archives:
- Waterproof Coating for Your Brave Little Gadgets
- Guardian Waterproof Case Protects Your Kindle From Spills
- Keeping Your Precious Tech Dry In Torrential Downpours
How do you rainproof your tech?