We've never really paid much attention to the Chelsea Flower Show before. But when we saw the winner for Best Courtyard Garden, we were completely blown away. Landscape designers Stephen Hall and Jane Besser envisioned this little shed as the home of a traditional Fen Tiger who practices the ancient art of alchemy. We also loved the raspberries and blues in the Laurent-Perrier Garden. We have a friend who did a Mother/Daughter trip to the flower show one year. Have you ever traveled to the Chelsea Flower Show or do you tune in each year? What a great source of inspiration!
The Chelsea Flower Show is held by the Royal Horticultural Society, each year for five days in May on the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea in Chelsea, London. The Flower Show has been held since 1862! Our aspirations for one day creating something like the Alchemist Courtyard Garden were pretty much shot when we got a look at the plant list. You can see other medals winners on this Guardian slideshow. For many more photos and information on the show, check out the Crocus Blog.
• 1 Best courtyard garden: The Fenland alchemist garden (Image: Jon Enoch Photography)
• 2 Practical solutions for a drought-resistant urban garden. Future Nature - Ark Design Management Ltd. (Image: Crocus Blog)
• 3 Best Urban Garden, Eco Chic, Helios (Image: Laura Porter)
• 4 A rain garden that focuses on raising awareness of the problems caused by flash flooding. The HESCO Garden by the Leed City Council (Image: Crocus Blog)
• 5 The Laurent-Perrier Garden by Luciano Giubbilei (Image: Laura Porter)