Earlier this week, we blogged our favorite sounds of fall
. But fall's also about smell as well, warm comforting smells that underline our ties to friends and family and home. Our list, after the jump...
- The rich amber smell of our fall candles
- The spicy smell of cinnamon
- The dark mysterious bouquet of complex red wines
- The sharp smell of pine in your hand after you've brushed against it.
- The cool smell of the night just after the sky darkens
- The buttery smell of melted cheese
- The fresh smell of new magazines
- The smell of the heat when it comes on
- The milky smell of a hot bath with bubbles and the warm smell of skin that's just been bathed
- The comforting smell of someone else's sweater.
What are your favorite smells of fall? Do you make an effort to change the smell of your home in the fall by adding candles, baking or cooking more or changing the varieties of flowers that you buy? Is there one smell that says fall to you more than any other?