The other day, Laure blogged her favorite summer smell. It got us thinking about our own list of favorite summer smells. So, since we missed the opportunity to share our favorite home sounds when the whole ATLA team got together, here's our list that was sparked by Laure's post...
- The jasmine that permeates Los Angeles in the spring. It's the one time of the year we drive home at night with our windows rolled down.
- Bain de Soleil suntan lotion. No SPF but we love the colour it turns our skin even if we're pale as a ghost.
- Salt water in our hair. It makes it crazy curly.
- Rain at the end of a hot day. And the quick sprint to shelter.
- Chlorine wafting up from a hot tub or pool. The flip side of 1.
- Sheets that have dried on the line. Try it!
- The promising smell of coconut in a drink. And the way the condensation beads up on the glass.
- Just pitched hay in a barn full of horses. It reminds us of summer camp.
- The smell of dinner cooking on the barbeque. You can't be grumpy when food comes off the grill.
- The acidic smell of cold wine. Even better when the smell is mixed with 1, 2, 3, 4, 9.
What are your favorite summer smells? Share them with us in the comments.
[Image via Snopek's Flickr Page]
ATVideo of the Day