My very first computer was a desktop my family and I shared. It was a Dell from the era of the Dell Dude, complete with a 25 pound monitor and a loud and hot tower which held the keys to Minesweeper and the world wide web. It was also my first and my last shared computer, because as a tech lover, I picked up a few tech pet peeves.
It may seem strange, but we all have unique habits when it comes to how we consume technology. For instance, there's nothing I hate finding on a computer more than:
- A messy desktop with no filing system in place at all
- Illogical file naming — especially when it comes to hard to find files
- Leaving millions of tabs open on the browser
- Loud notifications from email or chat clients
- A gross keyboard covered in dirt or dust
Do you share a computer with someone else? What are your tech pet peeves?
(Image credits: Parallel Pulse's Live Work Loft; Elizabeth Giorgi)