When it comes to living large in a small space, there are a number of ways to get the most bang for your
buck square inch. And a few of these ways not only save space, but they also tread lightly on the planet. Here are some of our favorite ways to live without, and while some might sound extreme, you may be surprised with what you can give up.
Living without certain appliances:
• Living Without... A Television
• Squash Wash: No Electricity and Minimal Water Washing
• 4 Ways to Phase Out the Microwave
• Living Without a Fridge: Could You Do It?
• Green Concept Kitchen: Minus a Fridge
• Help! How Do We Live Without a Dishwasher?
Living without convenience products:
• Why Not? Go Paper-Towelless in the Kitchen
• No More Plastic Bags: Organic Cotton Produce Bags
• Reusable Glass Bottles from Lifefactory
Minimal living inspiration:
• 'No Impact Man' Colin Beavan and Michelle Conlin (live without trash)
• Living With Less: Survival Strategies
• Re-Nest on... Going Small
(Image: Flickr member Hermes, licensed under Creative Commons.)