Poring through the March House Beautiful, (which arrived in the mail yesterday — bliss!) we kept noticing a similar type of lamp. Is there a lighting trend going on that we've completely missed? It's seemingly ubiquitous, and maybe singlehandedly inspired by Christopher Spitzmiller?
You may be more on top of it than us, and have noticed his lamps in Sally Steponkus' interiors, but it took six Spitzmiller lamps in the current issue of House Beautiful to get us to wake up.
We also noticed that a reader asked about a similar lamp yesterday morning. And in looking around, we saw another similarly shaped lamp, new to Crate and Barrel. Do you love this type of lamp, and if so, what do you love about it?
Elements we noticed: white shade, colored ceramic base in a rounded shape, metallic bottom.
• 1 Garniture Lamp by Christopher Spitzmiller.
• 2 Pagoda table lamp, $149 from Crate and Barrel. No metal base, but still...
• 3 Gourd table lamp, $179 from West Elm. Inspired by Spitzmiller, maybe?
• 4 Robbert Abbey Glass Harriet Table Lamp, on sale for
$179 from Macy's. Another inspired by?
• 5 Ljusus Salbo, $39.99 from IKEA. Maybe roughly inspired by Spitzmiller, in an Ikea kind of way.