Some nursery trends have become staples that seemingly will never fall from grace (looking at you, flokati rug!), while others will make a short, award-winning performance—never to been seen again. We've rounded up nine trends that, if we had to bet on it, we'd say will be sticking around for a while. The one common denominator? Sophistication.
1. Wallpaper: From dramatic to whimsical, wallpaper and wall decals are a fantastic way to add depth to the room, as shown in the remarkable nursery from 100 Layer Cake-let, above
2. Statement Lighting: Who needs a mobile hanging over their crib when they've got a gorgeous pendant light like this one from Dutton|Brown?
3. Gold Tones: Mixed with neutrals or muted pastels, gold tones add a touch of glam without feeling too formal.
4. Hearts: Not just for Valentine's Day! Hang up a wall decal, or paint the simple shape to send a message of love to your little one.
5. Bamboo and Rattan Accents: The natural tones of bamboo and rattan are great for adding warmth to any room. If you're using a vintage piece, be sure to make any safety adjustments before using at home.
6. Sophisticated Art: Whether you're supporting local craft markets and bringing home screen prints, or investing in one-of-a-kind works to be passed down to future generations, hang them in the nursery and let them inspire your little one.
7. Dramatic Wall Color: Depending on the size of the nursery and the amount of natural light it gets, painting the walls a deep, dramatic blue or a bright, unexpected color can be a fun way to add drama to the room.
8. Vintage Persian Rugs: A gorgeous rug is a sure way to add a big dose of sophistication to any nursery—though you may want to swap it out when your little one gets old enough to start painting at their easel.
9. Neutrals: These neutrals are anything but bland. The perfect blend of greys and whites and touches of natural linen combine to create a spa-like atmosphere that's sure to soothe.