We just love wood and all the wonderful, warm tones it comes in. Dark, ebony colors, light, barely-there tones, sweet honey-colored ones. And the patterns! We love when a wood's natural pattern comes into play. We couldn't help but notice the strong wood elements showing up in house tours recently. It seems wood in all its forms is a strong detail that doesn't want to go unnoticed. In Erin's Warm & Wood-Wrapped Austin Bungalow, wood almost overwhelms, showing up on the ceilings, walls and floors as well as in an amazing reclaimed-wood staircase and kitchen counter. Other house tours have really light, honey-colored floors that help set the tone for the rest of the color palette. We like how in Jen Ramos' house dark wood floors and furniture help make lots of light-colored items pop. And we're a huge fan of wood on the walls, both modern and sometimes even more traditional versions! Here are some recent house tours where wood takes center stage:
1. Erin's Warm & Wood-Wrapped Austin Bungalow
2. Hannah's Cozy, Creative La Cañada Home
3. The Las Vegas Home of MadeByGirl's Jen Ramos
4. Natalie's Living Design Lab
5. Jason & Marisa's Wonderfully Woodsy Dallas Home
6. Rodellee's Sunny Southern California Style
7. Michael's Masculine & Modern Open Studio
8. Interior Designer Craig Olsen's Hancock Park Home
9. Justin's "Warm Modern" Sherman Oaks Home
10. The Shepherds' Sunny & Simple Remodel
Look around your place...where do you have wood in your home? On your floors? Ceiling? Walls? Lots of furniture? Would you say your place is woodsy? Or is it lacking in this natural element? Let us know what your balance of wood is!
Images: As credited in above links.