You love it, you hate it, you ban it from the bedroom, you try to decorate around it, you're even considering getting one for outdoors. Just face facts. Television is a part of our lives; we watch movies on it, we play games on it, for some of us it acts as a large computer monitor, others surf the web on it. But we'd rather not have it be the dominant item in our living room. Here's our best tips on how to hide it in plain view.
- Sometimes the best thing to do is not to hide the TV at all but let it blend into a bookcase, lean on an easel or, our favorite, blend it into a salon style arrangement
- If your home has a fireplace, you might be just tempted to call it a day and hang it over the mantel. Here are some tips you might want to check out before you do that.
- A frame won't hide the tv, but it may make it blend into your home's decor a little better.
- If your room needs a focal point and you'd rather it not be the television, trying installing a faux fireplace mantel that works as a cabinet to hide your television and its cables.
- You can also try painting the wall the TV is mounted on, either the entire wall or just a strip or a box. While black would seem the most logical choice, check this post before you make a decision.
- For a very small space that needs a mirror to open it up, try this idea and hide it behind the mirror.
- Against a dark colored wall, a television fades from view
- But if a dark color will make your already small space seem oppressive, a large, graphic wallpaper will make the wall, not the tv, the focal point.
- The simplest advice: Try arranging your room in a way that doesn't make the tv the focal point.