Memorial Day is behind us, it's officially gardening season, and we're on the lookout for outdoor inspiration of all kinds. We've posted a couple of roundups of our favorite gardening blogs, but what we really want to know is... who do YOU read?To get the conversation going, here are a few blogs that we keep bookmarked for beautiful photos, great tips, and helpful how-to's. It's not so much the size of the space (these bloggers range from balcony owners to rooftop gardeners to full-on landscapers) but rather the ideas and images that keep us coming back.
A BRIEF STARTER LIST
• A Way to Garden: Written by former Martha Stewart garden editor Margaret Roach
• The Medieval Garden Enclosed: The official blog of New York's Cloisters
• Little Green Fingers: A first-hand account of gardening with kids
• Brooklyn Roof Garden: Helpful shopping tips and rooftop gardening inspiration
• The Urban Organic Gardener: Mike Lieberman blogs about growing food in the city
• Brooklyn Farm: Gorgeous photos and good ideas from an urban gardener
• Shedworking: A UK blog all about garden sheds
• 66 Square Feet: Small space urban gardening in New York City
• You Grow Girl: Great gardening tips and how-to's
• Life on the Balcony: Container gardening tips and tricks
Add to the list and share your favorite gardening blogs in the comments!
• Garden Blogs 101
• Best New York Gardening Blogs
• Recommended Gardening & Landscaping Magazines?
Images: (1) Margaret Roach, A Way to Garden, (2) Honor Making a Chaplet of Roses, ca. 1425–1450, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, The Cloisters Collection, 1959 (59.85) via The Medieval Garden Enclosed, (3) Little Green Fingers, (4) Sky Planter from Fire Escape Farms via Brooklyn Roof Garden, (5) The Urban Organic Gardener, (6) Jalapeño Cucumber Lemonade from Brooklyn Farm, (7) Little Redonda via Shedworking, (8) 66 Square Feet, (9) You Grow Girl, (10) Life on the Balcony