The Obamas hosted their first state dinner this week honoring India's Prime Minister Singh. The menu, entertainment, and decor were all highly scrutinized. The dinner even had party crashers who got through all the White House security! Click through for more on the state dinner, the decor, and the party crashers...
In the photos:
• examining the table setting
• the Obama state dinner was held in a tent on the South Lawn of the White House
• an outside view of the dining tent
• the Bay Area Empire Bhangra dancers performing at the first Obama state dinner
• Party crashers to the first Obama state dinner: Tareq and Michaele Salahi, "polo-playing socialites" known for a family feud over a winery and soon to be on Reality TV in "The Real Housewives of Washington." Read more about the couple in "Off the list, but somehow on the South Lawn" from The Washington Post.
MORE ON STATE DINNERS & WHITE HOUSE DECOR:
• The Obamas' first state dinner from The Washington Post
• "Tareq And Michaele Salahi: White House Party Crashers Walk Into State Dinner, Put Arm Around Joe Biden" from The Huffington Post
• Apartment Therapy's coverage of White House decor
(Images: Andrew Harrer-Bloomberg; Nicholas Kamm-AFP/Getty Images; Jason Reed; Bill O'leary/the Washington Post)