They've long been a staple of Parisian apartments and it's easy to see why — white oak floors are pretty, easy to maintain, and well suited to just about any design style.
I especially love them paired with an eclectic mix of furniture and shiny accessories, since they allow each piece to stand out, while creating a unique and mellow space.
- White oak floors and a mix of textures create a surprisingly glamorous kitchen in the House of Windsor showcase home.
- Pretty, sleek floors are the perfect compliment to colorful accessories.
- A hallway that's elegant and minimalist from top to bottom.
- Oak floors add a sleek edge to a traditional living room with an eclectic twist.
- Reused barn beams from Ohio look surprisingly chic in a LEED-certified green home.
(Images: 1. Max Kim-Bee for Veranda Magazine via Mark D Sikes, 2. Inger Marie Grini for Bo Bedre, 3. Chris Everard for House to Home, 4. Wood Floor Centre, 5. New Life Hardwoods)