Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Ottawa Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the apartment's open concept and how it is broken up with the arch between the living and kitchen/dining areas. We wanted to create a space that is equal parts girly and sophisticated but that can act as a bachelor pad when the boys come over. I think we did this with elements like the the vintage Peugot poster above the couch, and the reupholstery of the chair and the ottoman, which used to be my grandpa's. With a bit of tlc it has become statement in our place!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Use pieces that double as storage (Iike the hightop in the kitchen and the tv stand).
2. Take your time and don't waste your money... decorate with pieces you love! When you are ready to upgrade to nicer furniture from IKEA for example, try and make a buck and sell the old pieces.
3. Keep a theme throughout open spaces so it is cohesive and looks like one large space! We tried to stick with oranges and black and white throughout the living/kitchen area.
See all entries