Amelie Znidaric writes on Metropolis' Point of View blog, "Design Miami/Basel took place at the same time and venue as Art Basel, the world's biggest fair for contemporary art. Many collectors visited both fairs. Many bought most progressive works of art without hesitation. Why then did they remain so cautious and conservative when it came to design?" Plus, the Guardian reports on UK retail failures (including Habitat) and Architectural Digest peeks at the set of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hollows. More news and links below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• "Too Much History" at Design Miami/Basel | Metropolis POV Blog
• 5,000 Jobs at Risk in Retail Failures | The Guardian UK
• Inside Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Set | Architectural Digest
• Welcome to the Hall of Femmes | Design Observer
• Inside the New Menlo Park Facebook Office | ShelterPop