Unless you've been living under a rock, you probably know about Pinterest - the online community that allows users to "pin" and categorize images to their virtual pinboards. While I have pinned my fair share of gorgeous home interiors, I've been most inspired by the DIY ideas. For me, it's a constant reminder that with a little creative thinking, it's possible to come up with clever solutions while saving money, space and resources!One of the best aspects of Pinterest is that all images are linked back to their original source, making it much easier to track down more information on your favorite pins.
Shown above the jump from left to right:
1. Inexpensive ceiling medallions are meant to trim out a hanging light fixture, but they also make an interesting wall display (especially if you can find vintage versions!). I love the varying shades of yellow and how the intricate patterns add a nice texture to the space in this example from Better Homes & Gardens.
2. We've seen cork stoppers used for DIY bulletin boards, but what about this clever trivet from Whole Living? A simple hose clamp is all you need to tie them together!
3. This photo from IKEA's LIVET HEMMA has been repinned by seemingly everyone, but I can't get over how simple wood boxes, binder clips and a little paint can create an amazing shelving unit.
4. Speaking of binder clips, how about this clever solution (featured on Unplggd) to keep cables right where you need them?
5. This chopping board and compost solution from The Farm Chicks is pure genius and great for small spaces. Vegetable peelings go straight through the hole and into a compost collector below!
6. Found at the blog Ruthi Auda, a few dozen nails and a little patience can result in inexpensive house numbers - a resourceful solution that's also a great conversation starter!
7. Stacking cookie sheets and cutting boards on their sides provides better visibility and easier access. The dividers? Curtain tension rods that can be located and tightened to fit wherever you need them! Oh Martha Stewart, what will you think of next?
8. Dreaming of a pizza oven but don't have the space or funds? This idea (found through Instructables) shows you how to use unglazed ceramic tile to convert your regular oven into a pizza oven!
9. Adding color is one of the easiest and most gratifying ways to make something your own. Another idea from LIVET HEMMA, these industrial IKEA light fixtures were spray painted for a little extra punch. The part I love? If you grow tired of the color, just repaint instead of buying a new light!
10. Toilet paper rolls to the rescue again! This time, the folks at Storage Glee show us how tubes nestled in a box can be an inexpensive and resourceful way to neatly store cords and cables.
What DIY ideas have you pinned?
Related Post: Pinterest & the Green Community
(Images: as linked above)