As a Christmas gift to ourselves (and my aching back), my husband and I bought a new mattress. A far cry from the cheap ones we slept on in the post-college years, we put thought into our purchase and couldn't be happier with our ultimately eco-friendly decision. Why?• It's a good investment.
We have a friend who's taught us the value of making wise investments, and since we spend about six or eight hours a day in bed, spending a little more for something high-quality makes for a good investment. This purchase will be around for many years—extra green points for that.
• It's a sustainable choice. Once we decided on a budget, we knew an eco-friendly mattress would fit into it, which made us both happy. We can now rest assured (literally) that our mattress isn't going to make us sick from off-gassing. The fact that the NaturaLatex mattress we bought is made of completely natural materials like wool, natural latex, organic cotton, and plant-based foam makes it worth the investment too.
• It's comfortable—and has a warranty. After a lot of research, and laying on many floor samples to get the right feel, we found the right one for us. It's been two weeks of wonderful slumber. And with its decades-long warranty, we're sure we will get our money's worth.
• With a little extra planning, we are smartly reusing our old mattress. No, we're not selling it or handing it down. We needed a guest bed, and so our old mattress will take up residence there.
We love our new eco-friendly buy and are sure to take very good care of it for years to come. Are you convinced to make the jump to an all-natural and organic mattress?
• The 10 Best All-Natural and Organic Mattress Sources
• Homekeeping Help: 7 Tips for Maintaining Your Mattress
• Keetsa Mattress Store Profile